Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

How to flash a VU+ Duo using a USB stick

Thats where you went wrong, updating from a ancient build all the way up, your lucky you didnt brick the box, look at www.openvix.co.uk for the latest images.
 
Thanks! Just to confirm, the box still plays fta channels (all it was set up for originally). I presume when a box is bricked, it does absolutely nothing - just checking to ensure it's not already bricked!
 
if it were bricked it would not boot up, ie only as useful as a house brick.

Just grab the latest image from the openvix site ( make sure you load the correct one not the Duo2 ), there are some flashing tutorials there too.
 
Nice one - I'm going to download openvix-Zeus.018-vuduo_usb.zip (dated 01/04/14). I'd be screwed without help from this forum!
 
Forgot to check - should I do a factory reset on the box before re-flashing? Thanks in advance...
 
So I've put the files on the USB stick (as per the instructions at the start of this thread), powered down the box (switch on the back), put the USB in the front slot and powered up. The box came on with the message 'reading USB stick' (light on stick was flashing) and the box just seems to have come on as before (TV channel playing and same error message on screen). The box says 'OnlineVersionCheck' on the front panel and nothing more is happening. Any ideas? Sorry to be bothering you with this...
 
Tried a different USB - exactly the same thing has happened...
 
Three sticks, plus front and back ports - same result every time. If anyone can help, you'd make a dumb newbie very happy!
 
Are you sure you've extracted the image correctly onto the USB stick?
 
I've done this...

- Downloaded 'openvix-Zeus.018-vuduo_usb.zip' from http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Vu+Duo/
- Formatted USB (fat32)
- Created folder called in it called 'vuplus'
- Created a sub-folder within that called 'duo'
- Unzipped contents of downloaded file to 'duo' (checked the stick and files were in it)
- Turned off Vu Duo (back switch) and put memory stick in
- Turned box on
- Box detects stick - 'starting' on front panel
- Eventually the box boots up and goes to TV channel with error message on screen
- Front panel says 'OnlineVersionCheck'

Can I post a picture on here yet? I've got a picture of what's on screen
 
The file I used was dated 1st April - is that not the latest one?

Here is what I get on screen:
 
Does the bootloader need flashing to my new duo b4 flashing the Zeus image, or is the bootloader built into the image ?

Thanks
 
There has not been a bootloader update for the Duo in at least a year, so unless you have been on a really really old image all that time, you have no need to mess with the bootloader.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top