Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

how to flash gigablue quad

  • Thread starter Thread starter blackjack21
  • Start date Start date
B

blackjack21

Guest
Hi,

I need some help i tried to instal kernel 3.5.1 on my gigablue quad by replacing existing file (which i deleted by the way).

So, my receiver doens't work anymore.

I guess that i need to flash it but i don't have any ideo how to flash it :-(

So, i need your help please.

And let me know how to instal the latest kernel for the gigablue (and how to find it)

Thanks
 
Thank for your quick response Pheonix, i'm gonna try this asap.:thumbsup:

But, i'm wondering if i should not instal the old kernel (which i deleted) before flashing my receiver.

In order to avoid this issue in the future, could you give me the link for the newest kernel for the Gigablue Quad and let me know how to install it ?

Thanks
 
Never delete the kernel file mate. New software updates include kernel updates sometimes so by doing online updates with the box will keep everything up-to-date.
When flashing use rear usb slot.

Regards,

:D
 
Thank for your quick response Pheonix, i'm gonna try this asap.:thumbsup:

But, i'm wondering if i should not instal the old kernel (which i deleted) before flashing my receiver.

In order to avoid this issue in the future, could you give me the link for the newest kernel for the Gigablue Quad and let me know how to install it ?

Thanks

The kernel is part of the image, you simply flash the image to update / downgrade the kernel depending on what version it contains, I think you'r thinking of the bootloader which you dont want to mess with unless necessary.
 
So, i fellowed the instructions in the guide "how to flash gigablue quad"
1) I formatted an usb device using the hp tool in order to format it as a fat32 device
2) I downloaded the latest openvix on the site OpenVix 3.0.802 for the Gigablue Quad
3) I have copied the folder Gigablue (with all the files) on my usb device
4) I turn off my receiver
5) I put my usb device on the front panel via the rocker swith at the rear of the receiver
6) I pwer the receiver via the rocker swith at the rear of the receiver

And... nothing changed since i'am still blocked with a black screen "OpenVix all your support needs on World-of-satellite"
So, i don't have any message on the display of the receiver apart from GIGABLUE
Therefore, i can'f fellow other steps

Please Help:confused:
 
I have 6 USB sticks. Two do not work on my Vu+ Duo. One does not work on my Quad.

Try another USB stick.


Tapatalker
 
Power off at rocker switch.
Insert USB stick, back usb slot is better but front usb slot works. Turn on at rocker and immediately hold down OK button in box panel. Keep it held until FLASHING comes up. Do not turn off whilst flashing.
 
front usb works fine with me, through trial and error i have found kingston traveller sticks have always worked every time.
 
I tried with several usb stick without any success (holding or not the Ok button on the front panel) :
- Sandisk Cruzer Balde 8Go;
- Sandisk Cruzer Swith Balde 8Go;
- Lexar 32Go;
- Kingston Data Traveler G2 4Go.

So, i am a little bit lost now...:smash:
 
I think we need to know exactly what is on the usb stick. can you give us a peek at the files?
 
As i said before, i formatted the usb stick (with the hp tool software => Fat)
The usb stick contains a folder called "gigablue" which contains this files :
D:\gigablue\
imageversion
kernel.bin
lcdsplash.bin
lcdwaitkey.bin
lcdwarning.bin
noforce
rootfs.bin
splash.bin
 
As i said before, i formatted the usb stick (with the hp tool software => Fat)
The usb stick contains a folder called "gigablue" which contains this files :
D:\gigablue\
imageversion
kernel.bin
lcdsplash.bin
lcdwaitkey.bin
lcdwarning.bin
noforce
rootfs.bin
splash.bin

Thats wrong.

Firstly your USB stick needs to be FAT32.

Secondly folder structure should be /gigablue/quad/flash files.
 
Have you any other devices connected to your box? If so disconnect them.
 
I wrote FAT but I meant FAT32.
I will try with this new structure : gigablue/quad/and all the files
I don't have any device connected my satlitte receiver apart from ethernet connection cable and cables connections to dish.

I will let you know asap
 
Thaks to all of you,
It works fine again.
The problem is resolved (by placing the files to be flashed in the folder gigablue/quad).
By the way, i relved an older issue since i was unable to see the extreme left side of the menus, but thanks to the wizard i resolved this too.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I guess that the tutorial called "how to flash gigablue quad" should insist on this point : gigablue/quad/flash files

Thanks again
 
I guess that the tutorial called "how to flash gigablue quad" should insist on this point : gigablue/quad/flash files

Thanks again

If you downloaded the image from www.openvix.co.uk as stated in the tutorial the file structure is correct and ready to copy to the USB stick once decompressed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
I think it is fair to say that all instructions are not over detailed but by not being so it means you have to explore and discover some things for yourself. A good way to learn.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top