Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] How to install IPK files on the STB??

Flyingpig

New member
Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello All,

I have the ET9000 and a plasma TV and though it would be a good idea to install a screensaver so when TV is paused it limits temporary screen burn.

I have downloaded Morpheus screensaver and ftp'd it to my receiver. However I am now a bit stuck. I followed the telnet sequence that was on the download page but it has not installed.

I FTP'd it to the /tmp directory of the ET9000. I am using the latest VIX image.

THanks.

FP
 
Erm...... Sorted.

I found the Install Local Extensions command.

Thanks for looking anyways.!!!!!!
 
yes as you have discovered FTP the .IPK to /TMP then on the box press blue button > ViX > install local extensions. you can also use a Telnet session with the correct commands to install all .IPK files from the /TMP folder but that's something i am not so familiar with.
 
From a telnet session you simply type:
Code:
opkg install package.ipk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top