Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

How To Remove Metrix?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sploits
  • Start date Start date
S

sploits

Guest
Hi everyone,

I have the VU+ Duo and I've been getting random reboots now and again (one or two per day usually). I have installed the cacheflusher and that helps but it tells me that I've about 1% free internal memory.
I decided to delete some plugins that I don't use to help clear some memory and hopefully minimise the random reboots. Metrix is in the list and I never use it but there isn't an option to actually remove it. Is there anyway I can FTP into the box and remove it manually?

The plugins I have (and want kept) are:
TSMedia
Rats Bouquets
OnDemand
IPTV List Updater
Cache Flusher

The ones I want rid off (but can't seem to at the moment) are:
Metrix
Open Store

I also have a USB stick in the back to store the Picons and the EPG so I know that they aren't taking the space.

Maybe removing them isn't the answer. If you know this to be the case then I'm very eager to find out the answer :)

Thank you in advance
 
Can you not just press red button in the plugin screen and remove it under extensions?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hello mate,

I wish it was that easy. When I go into the remove plugins I can't actually see an option to remove Metrix or the Open Store. I have the option to remove other things (TS Media etc) but nothing for them 2 :(
 
Hi,

I've tried that as well. I only get shown 2 skins, the default night one and the Frankensky one that I installed. Nothing else :(
 
It may be called matrixhd and not metrix under skins



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Hi,

I only have 2 choices from skins :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1392963459603.webp
    uploadfromtaptalk1392963459603.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 32
Before I went to work I toyed with the idea of taking a photo for all sections off the 'Remove Plugins' so I had them handy to post. I decided not too and now wish I did haha ;)
I've searched through all the sections and can't find the bloody thing anywhere. It's maybe a case that its part of the image and can't be removed :(
If so then how do people save space on the internal memory? I only have a few plugins installed and the picons and epg data go straight to my USB stick. Movies etc onto the hard drive I fitted.
I've even FTP'ed into the box from work looking for a folder or anything labelled Metrix (or similar) and can't find a thing.
It's maybe something I have to live with and for me thats fine but when it crashes halfway through a Hollyoaks episode that the missus has been watching (perfect timing IMO haha) she threatens certain parts of my anatomy with certain kitchen knives if I don't sort it out :(

Also thanks to everyone for your input so far. Much appreciated
 
Well I eventually found it.
usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

I've deleted the folder in there (there was a hell of a lot of stuff in there) and now I just have to wait until I get home to see if its my receiver is still working lol. Hopefully it is and I have a backup if its not :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top