Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] How to remove PICON folder and symlinks???

MarsArtis

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2011
Messages
500
Reaction score
1
Points
0
I was trying to remove the picon folder from the internal HDD. (OCRAM icons installed from feed)
Succesfully removed the TV and RADIO folders but now I'm left with the Picon folder populated by hundreds of symlinks and it seems I'm unable to delete them.

Is there a way to do that via telnet instead of FTP?
 
Thanks Judge, that is very useful to know. However, what is the correct way to install OCRAM Picons onto a USB Stick?
I have just done a clean install on my Duo to ViX Apollo build 124 and do not want Picons to be installed onto the HDD.
 
I thought you could just copy the correct picon folder from openvix.co.uk in the root of USB/HDD.

I'm not sure what happens if you have both HDD and USB, whether vix will try both or fail after not found on one!?!
 
just use ftp to move the directory of picons to USB stick.Reboot and vix will find the directory himself.Perhaps set EPG also to usb stick.
 
If an ipk was installed, it can be removed from plugins menu.

If installing an ipk for picons, you normally can only store to a device using a Linux file system.

The SNPs on the openvix download site are not ipks. They can also be transferred to a fat 32 device.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top