Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] How to totally disable Recording and Timer recordings.

maxben

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2014
Messages
352
Reaction score
0
Points
16
I've just got a LX2 from the sponsor for a friend as a second box and setting it up for him.

He doesn't need recording facilities and consequently recording timer.

I'm only using a small USB stick for EPG storage mounted as /media/usb

The problem is recording and timer are still active and although default recording is set to HDD recordings go on the USB stick, I just know him or his family will try and record and as it's only 4GB it's going to soon fill up and then mess up.

So I'd like to totally disable recording and timer recording, as it's not possible from the GUI how else can it be done ?
 
So I'd like to totally disable recording and timer recording, as it's not possible from the GUI how else can it be done ?

Large USB sticks pretty cheap these days, a lot easier to use one than trying to disable a standard feature of an E2 box.
 
Thanks but not really a solution to my problem. A standard E2 feature should not really record to the USB unless explicitly set to do so which in this case it's not.
 
Last edited:
Don't take this the wrong way but are you seriously asking for a feature to be implemented where we basically handicap the image and totally disable the ability to record ?.

Thats just insane in my opinion.
 
Don't take this the wrong way but are you seriously asking for a feature to be implemented where we basically handicap the image and totally disable the ability to record ?.

Thats just insane in my opinion.

Of course I'm not asking you to totally disable the ability to record on ALL images, that's just silly, i'm asking how I can disable it on THIS box only.

As a matter of interest without the USB connected the box refuses to record.
 
Last edited:
Of course I'm not asking you to totally disable the ability to record on ALL images, that's just silly, i'm asking how I can disable it on THIS box only.

As a matter of interest without the USB connected the box refuses to record.


There is no easy way to stop the receiver from recording, it's built into the very core of the image by default. When the USB stick is inserted the receiver detects it as a storage device to stop it from doing that would be far more trouble than it is worth and certainly not worth investing the many dozens of hours of dev time for a feature that almost no one wants.
 
This why I rarely post for help on forums any more, always smart answers, where did I ask for anyone to spend dev time on it ?

I'm just asking for some guidance that's all.
 
This why I rarely post for help on forums any more, always smart answers, where did I ask for anyone to spend dev time on it ?

I'm just asking for some guidance that's all.

Not smart answers at all, but you are asking for a feature that does not exist and no offence intended but I doubt you have the technical ability to be able to pull off a feature like this your self, otherwise you would be producing your own images. so yes it would require us to dedicate DEV time on what is frankly a useless request in my opinion.
 
Of course I'm not asking you to totally disable the ability to record on ALL images, that's just silly, i'm asking how I can disable it on THIS box only.

As a matter of interest without the USB connected the box refuses to record.

This why I rarely post for help on forums any more, always smart answers, where did I ask for anyone to spend dev time on it ?

I'm just asking for some guidance that's all.

Doesn't that answer your own question? don't use a USB stick if no large USB stick or HDD also added for recording.
 
Not smart answers at all, but you are asking for a feature that does not exist and no offence intended but I doubt you have the technical ability to be able to pull off a feature like this your self, otherwise you would be producing your own images. so yes it would require us to dedicate DEV time on what is frankly a useless request in my opinion.

Well it's not beyond my capabilities to down load the source code and edit a .py file or two with a little guidance but hey, forget it.
 
Well it's not beyond my capabilities to down load the source code and edit a .py file or two
Well, please do so. If you find a workable solution for your issue, don't forget to contribute it.
 
As I said smart answers !

Are you going to guide me :rolleyes:
How is that a smart answer? It's not a feature of any E2 box that I know of to disable a basic wanted recording feature, besides removing the small USB stick.
If you can work a solution for your issue, please do.
 
If we had a guide to give you we would have already.

Jeez, I wasn't expecting a ready made guide, just a little help from someone with more knowledge than me, guess it was too much to ask.

Besides if I wanted a box to record on I'd of bought one that takes an internal drive.
 
Jeez, I wasn't expecting a ready made guide, just a little help from someone with more knowledge than me, guess it was too much to ask.

Besides if I wanted a box to record on I'd of bought one that takes an internal drive.
Serious attitude issues. Don't expect much help.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top