Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

How to update your Vu+ Duo2 bootloader.

Not sure to be honest but the bootloader controls every thing from the kernel and size of images the box can accept down to the amount of flash available to the end user, these are released by the manufacturer and a recommended upgrade for all users regardless of the image you use.

Does the solo2 have a bootloader?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
Hi,
it sure has but there was no update since release.

ciao
 
The following tutorial aims to show in a easy to follow tutorial how to flash your Vu+ Duo2 with the v2 bootloader.

you will need a .pdf reader to read this tutorial for which i highly recommend the free foxit pdf reader.

Can I add (after a frustrating thirty minutes) you probably need to remove any USB devices on the rear of your Duo2 otherwise it will just reboot as normal.

Regards - Terry
 
Hello guys,

Can someone please help?

I have a Vu+ Duo2 "genuine box", which was working on Vix.

I tried to install the new black hole image and now nothing happens on the box apart from a blue light on the front. Nothing else, even on the TV either.

I've tried to flash it using different usb and different images but nothing shows apart from the tiny little blue light on the box.

Please help
 
Hello guys,

Can someone please help?

I have a Vu+ Duo2 "genuine box", which was working on Vix.

I tried to install the new black hole image and now nothing happens on the box apart from a blue light on the front. Nothing else, even on the TV either.

I've tried to flash it using different usb and different images but nothing shows apart from the tiny little blue light on the box.

Please help

How do you know it's genuine? Did you buy from WOS? Just curious
 
How do you know it's genuine? Did you buy from WOS? Just curious

it was bought from world-of-satellite like 2-3 years ago
please see the picture attached

I got told by someone to do a null cable flashFullSizeRender.webp
 
it was bought from world-of-satellite like 2-3 years ago
please see the picture attached

I got told by someone to do a null cable flashView attachment 44217

so, does it have the new boot v2 bootloader on it, i would try and see if you an upload the new boot loader onto your box, then re-try to install the latest hade's image ????
 
so, does it have the new boot v2 bootloader on it, i would try and see if you an upload the new boot loader onto your box, then re-try to install the latest hade's image ????

I don't think so and even if I was to put the boot v2 bootloader on it, it doesn't show anything on the front LCD screen of the Vu+ dio2, so so I wouldn't be able to tell if its done.
 
I would stick v2 bootloader on to a usb stick, and put it into the box, restart the box, and see if it loads the bootloader, if it doesn't, then no harm done ........
 
Hi,
the box can only be 2 years old. I hope you did not get the wrong bootloader. For the Duo2 there was only 1 update for bootloader and this was around 5.2013 which was needed to get WOL to work.

I did not read the whole thread but did you also try the power button near the CI slots?

ciao
 
Where has the tutoiral gone?


Sadly Some one went and deleted most of my tutorials from the forum when I stepped down from the Admin / ViX team post. There are other versions about that were based directly on my tutorials but it's a sore subject for me so I won't go on about it.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top