Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

I messed up my WebIf - now looping greenscreens - pls help

clancger

New member
Joined
May 29, 2010
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
54
Hi,

I upgraded to Vix 2.2 and during the setup I managed to give myself a looping greenscreen that I managed to track back to an incorrect setup in WebIf.
By enabling https, and I guess stupidly assigning it the same port as http, I think I kicked it off.
I managed to break the cycle of greenscreens by ftping into usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions and renaming the Webinterface folder.
If I change the name back, a few seconds later it starts again. THus I have no way to get back into the normal menu to correct the error.

Is there any way to find + edit the actual file where the assigned ports are saved, which would allow me to correct the issue and get back into the system? I'd prefer not to have to reflash from scratch again if possible.

Thanks
 
please go into the log manager on VIX 2.2 enter your details and send us the logs within the crash logs section. this is the best way we can find out what is happening and help us find a way to fix it.
 
One thing you could try doing is going to /etc/enigma2/ and editing the "settings" file with a linux capable text editor, and removing any references to settings that begin with:

Code:
config.plugins.Webinterface.

Then, telnet in to the box, issue an init 4 command, then an init 3 command, and see whether that works?
 
that worked great, brilliant stuff, many thanks
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top