Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Ideas for future releases.

gedclarke

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
Feb 16, 2012
Messages
167
Reaction score
19
Points
0
Age
54
Location
Liverpool UK
Firstly a big thanks to TEAM VIX for their fantastic image:thumbsup:

On with business, I couldn't find a thread for ideas for future releases so I thought I'd start one with a couple of ideas of my own.

1) I use my HDMI output to my TV but I also use the composite output to a rf modulator, then boost it to my other TV's in the house. Would it be possible to direct tuner B to the composite so a different channel could be watched from what is going through the HDMI? Don't know if it is possible but how good would it be if it was?

2) A little less ambitious, but how about placing a IMDb search option (same as the one in EPG) in the recording list. I have my downloaded films in folders in there as well as all my recordings, so I tend to forget what they are. So a IMDb option would be great for a quick check of what a film is and also if its any good.

Feel free to add your own ideas and also comment on each others (do you think its a good idea, posssible etc).
 
as pointed out it's not possible to have two different channels viewed in this way but you can do this by streaming the channel to a networked pc / laptop.
 
An audio 'PIP' feature would be a great addition to VIX...

I've mentioned it before and I know there is a start of an Enigma plugin of one but it doesn't really work and doesn't really do the job that efficiently! (we don't really need traditional PIP...a small red button like notice in the top corner specifying the audio channel would be more than enough!)

With Premier League football now getting more and more regulations, English coms are probably going to disappear from foreign sats altogether so being able to change audio to say 5 Live would be a great feature!

This obviously also covers popular sports like F1 and Boxing and I'm sure many others so having something like this integrated to the image would certainly set it apart from others!
 
Its still a complete mess unfortunately...

Works quite well for me, using an xtrend 9000 box with latest vix image. The only annoying part is that just like normal pip, you cannot watch a hd channel and get the sound from a sd channel. But sd to sd is fine, got a match on now with radio 5 commentary.

I think with the ET9200, this may work perfectly as they sorted out the hd to hd pip (I think!)
 
How about masking out dummy channels when matching bouquets to the Sky Numbering in the various EPG
 
How about masking out dummy channels when matching bouquets to the Sky Numbering in the various EPG

that is some thing we are looking into but its necessary to have those empty or place holder channels for the bouquet to mirror the sky lineup, this is i believe a enigma thing.
 
Could it go one better and draw the audio from radio through the net? So basically we have picture from the channel and audio feed options from say r5/r5x/talk sport/absolute? All these are broadcast online and in formats most devices seem to play.

Only an idea.
 
Works quite well for me, using an xtrend 9000 box with latest vix image. The only annoying part is that just like normal pip, you cannot watch a hd channel and get the sound from a sd channel. But sd to sd is fine, got a match on now with radio 5 commentary.

I think with the ET9200, this may work perfectly as they sorted out the hd to hd pip (I think!)

Yup, it appears rather good. I can watch Eurosport SD from Astra 1 with the English soundtrack from Eurosport Biava on Hotbird.
Presumably I could also watch F1 from RTL with the Radio 5Live commentary.
 
I was thinking about the online audio option and although I have no programming knowledge to make tv apps, it seems some of the leg work has been done. There are Internet radio audio apps, so it surly would just be a case of feed in the main sports radio stations, allow the user to select the app when watching the tv, which mutes the tv audio and replaces it with the net radio feed.

I'm my mind seems logical - however maybe it's asking way too much.
 
Going back to the subject of the thread. Would it be possible to show the bit rate of a particular channel on the information panel that you get when you press the OK button?
 
A great feature I think VIX could shine with...

Its nice you can choose the default tuner but taking that one step further I'd like to see the default tuner be free'd up until the last minute...

eg. I have 3 tuners, A & B are static on 28E, C is motorised

I set C to be my default tuner

When I decide to record a channel on 28E, tuner C is automatically taken up to record the desired program

The problem now is I can't watch any other sats even though tuner A & B are free...

It would be great if the motorised tuner was kept free until needed thus allowing you to still have your choice of sats while programs are being recorded on other tuners!
 
@Sandman

There is an option in Customise in the setup to allow you to set your preferred tuner. If you choose A or B would that then free up your motorised tuner C?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top