Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Ideas for future releases.

is there any chance that system can update bouquet channels automatically to new frequencies. pain to do constant rescans. but more important want to maintain my own bouquet structure. Now that would be nice
If you're talking about the copied bouquets: no.
I do that by deleting them and use the copy-plugin again. Not to o much work.
 
By the time I wrote my reply I had to make all entries in the bouquet by hand. And indeed: the first part is the IP-address of the server-box.
But there's great news: a plugin has been made available to do all the nasty work in just a few seconds (see attached file). I'm using it now on several boxes, and it works great. Even DreamSet now understands all those settings!

Enjoy!

Somehow I cannot install this. Latest Vix, put it in Var/Volitile/Tmp Then in menu/VIX i install local extension. Its says it is installing to root. GUI reboot and nothing...Where am i going wrong?
 
It shows up in Menu / Setup / Service Searching

Remote channel stream converter
 
Is it possible to have duo`s and solo`s with no hard drives installed to do nothing when you press the record button,, Like some other images that say no hdd found, rather than fulling the flash of the box..
Cheers..
 
But there's great news: a plugin has been made available to do all the nasty work in just a few seconds (see attached file). I'm using it now on several boxes, and it works great. Even DreamSet now understands all those settings!

Enjoy!
Just a warning, DreaamBoxEdit craps out when you use this plugin.
Hopefully fixed in a future release.
 
Is it possible to have duo`s and solo`s with no hard drives installed to do nothing when you press the record button? Like some other images that say no hdd found, rather than fulling the flash of the box.
Yes, will be in next update.

Just a warning, DreamBoxEdit craps out when you use this plugin.
Hopefully fixed in a future release.
DreamSet works fine with the created remote channels.
 
Just a warning, DreaamBoxEdit craps out when you use this plugin.
Hopefully fixed in a future release.

I used dreamboxedit to receive channel list including remote channels from my et9000 and worked and showed up fine in dreamboxedit last night. However have not tried resending to my vu solo yet so maybe there is issues there?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
 
I used dreamboxedit to receive channel list including remote channels from my et9000 and worked and showed up fine in dreamboxedit last night. However have not tried resending to my vu solo yet so maybe there is issues there?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

It's downloading channels from my Duo to the lappy that dreamboxedit craps out on me after using the plugin.
 
I know what would come in handy, it may already be possible but sometimes when I get home from work the Kids have left Nick Jr on (which is in the kids boquet and the remote control is no-where to be found, (It usually takes me about 10 minutes to find where the kids have hidden the remote lol). So it would be nice if you could change to a different menu in the boquet other than kids using the scroll dial thing on the front of the VU. currently I can only change to channel thats in the current boquet so its either Nick Jnr, Cbeebies or some other kids garbage until the remote is found (unless I power cycle the thing). An up a level would be nice if possible.
 
I know what would come in handy, it may already be possible but sometimes when I get home from work the Kids have left Nick Jr on (which is in the kids boquet and the remote control is no-where to be found, (It usually takes me about 10 minutes to find where the kids have hidden the remote lol). So it would be nice if you could change to a different menu in the boquet other than kids using the scroll dial thing on the front of the VU. currently I can only change to channel thats in the current boquet so its either Nick Jnr, Cbeebies or some other kids garbage until the remote is found (unless I power cycle the thing). An up a level would be nice if possible.

The web interface is great for zapping if you have your lappy handy & can't find the remote.
Or if you have an android phone, install dreamdroid...
 
The web interface is great for zapping if you have your lappy handy & can't find the remote.
Or if you have an android phone, install dreamdroid...

True but this is an idea for a future release and its one that would interest me.
 
Thanks to Rob I have been using the "remotestreamconvert" plugin for about a week now. Infact i'd say about 50% of my tv viewing is done using this method. Just like to report back on a feature i discovered last night. Im streaming between 2 VU+DUOS and 1 Dreambox 800. I have created a remote bouquet on main receiver and have downloaded this bouquet to the other two receivers. When i wanted to view one of the remote channels i switched to the new "remote bouquet" There is no need to keep the remote channels in the remote bouquet. If you wish you can add these remote channels to your esisting bouquets. For example if you have a remote sport channel, it can be added to your sports bouquet. The channel will appear in bouquet with its own channel number, but slightly different colour text to distinguish it from other channels. Im editing bouquets with remote control of receiver as dreamboxedit cannot handle these remote channels yet.
 
that is some thing we are looking into but its necessary to have those empty or place holder channels for the bouquet to mirror the sky lineup, this is i believe a enigma thing.

This would be an excellent feature. My old Openbox mirrors the Sky Line up without the dummy files showing when changing channel so it should hopefully be possible
 
Last edited:
..... Im editing bouquets with remote control of receiver as dreamboxedit cannot handle these remote channels yet.
That's exactly the reason I don't do that.
Of course I keep the channels of the server box up to date. After changing any of them I delete the remote-bouquets on the client boxes, and use the plugin to re-create them. I think this to be the most easy way to maintain all channel-lists.
 
That's exactly the reason I don't do that.
Of course I keep the channels of the server box up to date. After changing any of them I delete the remote-bouquets on the client boxes, and use the plugin to re-create them. I think this to be the most easy way to maintain all channel-lists.

Horses for courses.
I have 2 channel lists saved to pc. One for main receiver and one for 2 secondry receivers (they would have different channel mix). I update scans on main receiver and then copy/paste any applicable changes to 2nd list. After loading new lists i'd use plugin to re-create remote bouquets and then add my most used remote channels to positions I desire.
 
Horses for courses.
I have 2 channel lists saved to pc. One for main receiver and one for 2 secondry receivers (they would have different channel mix). I update scans on main receiver and then copy/paste any applicable changes to 2nd list. After loading new lists i'd use plugin to re-create remote bouquets and then add my most used remote channels to positions I desire.
Yep, that's the way I do it.
 
Here is something that I would like to suggest for consideration in future Vix releases...

Something like a 1 button zap to a certain directory in the recorded programs window.

Eg... as drives get bigger and the recorded list gets larger it becomes difficult to navigate the list especially if you have younger children. I have managed to create folders using DCC and moved the childrens programmes into it. But unless you leave that directory open last thing at night then the children do not know how to navigate to their own directory. This becomes even more of an issue if an external drive is also connected via eSata or USB or both ?

Would it be possible to provide a one button shortcut to directories? perhaps the ability to re-map the colour keys. I dont use Tag that often so I could re-map the blue key to a certain directory on a certain drive!!!

There after the kids would only need to press the blue key to navigate to their own programmes from wherever I had left the box the night before ...

Any thoughts?
 
A another suggestion for the new build would to be able to sort the recorded list in alpahetical order. I have about 10 pages of recorded stuff and sometimes its difficult to find somthing that I want to watch. It would be great if you could have the choice to sort in Alphabetical order and date order.
 
A another suggestion for the new build would to be able to sort the recorded list in alpahetical order. I have about 10 pages of recorded stuff and sometimes its difficult to find somthing that I want to watch. It would be great if you could have the choice to sort in Alphabetical order and date order.

Thats already in the new image and working great.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top