Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] IMDb No details

.... apologies, I tested it on 6.0.007 (Release).
 
I have latest OpenVIX image on VU+Solo2, but when I view the details in IMDb plugin, I have error "IMDb Download failed: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost." I try to change plugin.py, but no result.

This was fixed in either 6.0.006 or 6.0.007 -- which version are you using?

The temporary fix earlier in this thread mentioned a change in a file BUT this must be followed by a reboot of the box. The boxes have an inbuilt python compiler which compiles .py files when the box is rebooted.
 
IMDb on Solo2 with 007 version is not working, the error is in plugin.py, because when I try different versions of the file, the text of the error changes.
 
For info:

Xtrend ET10K and Zgemma H9S

IMDb working on both my boxes, V6.0.007, skin Vix Night HD

The Zgemma was flashed today to 6.0.007 (with settings restore) via the Vix Image manager.
 
IMDb no details found

Sorry if you see this as a duplicate as my original seems to have gone missing :)

Is anyone else seeing “no details found” with every film selection on IMDb?

Selecting a film in the EPG and pressing red for IMDb gives a list of possible film titles/dates but then selecting one of them always gives “no details found”.
 
Yep - confirmed. I'm getting the same on my Quad Plus. It was working yesterday, so it may be some change in IMDB. I checked the log and the plugin is formatting the http request apparently correctly (works in a PC browser), but maybe the reply format is not what is expected?
 
Same here - it was working OK as recently as two days ago when I checked.
 
I just upgraded a SOLO2 to Open VIX 6.0.008, but getting the error "IMDb Download failed: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean ..." I uninstalled the IMDB extension and reinstall but same. also did as previously on my reply on post 73 but still getting the same eror.

Any ideas?
 
Is the process the same? download the plugin.py from above link, move the file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/IMDb reboot box? I did that but still getting the same "IMDb Download failed: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean ..." tried that on SOLO2 with Open VIX 6.0.008
 
I just upgraded a SOLO2 to Open VIX 6.0.008, but getting the error "IMDb Download failed: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean ..." I uninstalled the IMDB extension and reinstall but same. also did as previously on my reply on post 73 but still getting the same eror.

Any ideas?

Try 6.1. ;)
 
Is the process the same? download the plugin.py from above link, move the file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/IMDb reboot box? I did that but still getting the same "IMDb Download failed: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean ..." tried that on SOLO2 with Open VIX 6.0.008

Process is the same.
I downloaded the .py file from the link in post 87
Renamed the existing plugin file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/IMDb
Uploaded the new file to the same location
Rebooted box and IMDb worked again.
 
In my case it does show on thr Menu, Setup, image manager, yellow to Downloads, select OpenViX, select 6.1 but it doesn’t download for me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Is 6.1 meant to show in software update? I can only see it via Vix-> image manager.

No, because they are different builds. Just download in ImageManager and then flash and restore.
 
Anyone else on VU+ Solo 2 with issues downloading 6.1 from the Image Manager? when I go to download I get message with Failed and sometime it just say Waiting, I leave it for 30min but not change it shows as Waiting,
I have 6.0.008

I assume if I download the version from the web I can only install it using USB, if I copy it to /media/hdd/ would that work same as downloaded from image manager or fail?

If it says "waiting" that means you have something else in the job queue. Try rebooting. Or you can download and send to the box by FTP. Or you can flash from USB.
 
Last edited:
If it says "waiting" that means you have something else in the job queue.

I think the issue is the 1st time I try to download it say Fail, if I try again I get the Waiting error, the only way to stop that is to switch off the box from the switch on the back.

If moving the file downloaded from the web works to do the install directly form the box I will try that.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top