Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] IMDB search not working on Apollo 166

  • Thread starter Thread starter shalin
  • Start date Start date
S

shalin

Guest
I used to start movie from any external source, NAS or USB and long press yellow button to initiate IMDB search.

This will then do a search on file name and display info from IMDB database.

Its not longer working, it keeps on saying no results found.

Image: Apollo 166
Box: Solo 2

Any help much appreciated. Thanks
 
That's because the IMDb site has changed. And since you're using a rather old build, you don't have the updated plugin.
On Hades 018 IMDb works fine.
 
How is 2015-Apr-08 dated build considered old?

What I don't understand is why can't new builds be backward compatible? I am not ready or have time to start from scratch every few months...

Even if new build can still apply previous settings file that would work.
 
How is 2015-Apr-08 dated build considered old?
Yes. The whole Hades range came after that.

What I don't understand is why can't new builds be backward compatible?
Not sure what you mean. Every new build gets new feeds (they are being build together), and new feeds have new (versions of) plugins.
Or the other way around: feeds can't be build without building images.
Once a series has been ended, it has ended.


I am not ready or have time to start from scratch every few months...
Even if new build can still apply previous settings file that would work.
A flash & restore will take around 10 minutes, depending on the box and the setup. If you first make a backup, the whole process is automated (apart from answering a few questions after the first reboot), and can be done while you're seated on your couch reading a paper.
 
A flash & restore will take around 10 minutes, depending on the box and the setup. If you first make a backup, the whole process is automated (apart from answering a few questions after the first reboot), and can be done while you're seated on your couch reading a paper.

Thanks for the detailed reply.
I can take backup of existing Apollo 116 image.
I can also take backup of setting on current Apollo.

Then I can arm my self with USB containing new Hades latest image and flash box with this.

After that how do I get all my settings back? Network connection, HDD setup, Recording setup, auto timers, skin etc?

Is the current default apollo skin same as hades default skin?
 
Just go to the bckupmanager nd make a backup.
Then go to the imagemanager (and make a backup so you can revert very easy in case of troubles), and go to download. Doanload the image and flash it. No need for an USB-stick, no need to leave your couch :)
 
Just go to the bckupmanager nd make a backup.
Then go to the imagemanager (and make a backup so you can revert very easy in case of troubles), and go to download. Doanload the image and flash it. No need for an USB-stick, no need to leave your couch :)

Thanks my friend, everything you have said is correct and I know. What we are missing is the details after flashing new image. How to get old settings back?
 
And then you get message, "Settings not compatible" or just error...:)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top