Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Increase GEPG program summary font size

BubbleBalls

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2012
Messages
770
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Ireland
As you can see from my screenshoot I use the largest text available due to lack of 20/20. Build 683. VIX-NIGHT-HD

screenshot.webp

I would like to make the program title and description on the top left a little bigger (and pobably on the second infobar too). I have copied the CommonSkin.xml before using NP++ to change the fontsize on many of GraphicalEPG sections - one by one. After many NP changes, GUI restarts, NP undos etc I have not found the correct lines.

Am I searching in the correct file? Anyone know which file/line I should change?

Ta
 
You are in the correct file.
You are working in the screen 'screen name="GraphicalEPGPIG" , right?
The name of the show is in
Code:
<widget source="Event" render="Label" position="20,70" size="577,30" halign="left" backgroundColor="black" font="Bold;24" noWrap="1" transparent="0" foregroundColor="orange">
	<convert type="EventName">Name</convert>
</widget>

The description of the show is in
Code:
<widget source="Event" render="Label" position="20,110" zPosition="1" size="780,170" font="Regular;22" foregroundColor="window-fg" backgroundColor="black" valign="top">
	<convert type="EventName">FullDescription</convert>
</widget>
 
Cheers, I saw several options under graphicalepg and do remember changing graphicalepgPIG but obviously missed that line. Being on the forum regularly lets me see how many requests you guys get and I realised that font size is already set to suit the masses. Changing font size on a couple of screens will be very helpful for me. I'll try again tonight.


Tapatalker
 
You are in the correct file.
Code:
<widget source="Event" render="Label" position="20,70" size="577,30" halign="left" backgroundColor="black" font="Bold;24" noWrap="1" transparent="0" foregroundColor="orange">
	<convert type="EventName">Name</convert>
</widget>
Code:
<widget source="Event" render="Label" position="20,110" zPosition="1" size="780,170" font="Regular;22" foregroundColor="window-fg" backgroundColor="black" valign="top">
	<convert type="EventName">FullDescription</convert>
</widget>

Rob,
Copying and pasting that code has helped me see the logic of the CommonSkin file and I have increased the font size on GEPG and 2nd infobar. These are small tweaks in the code but it has taken me quite some time, and is only a tiny portion of the coding you guys must trawl through regularly. I am only beginning to understand the effort you guys put into VIX.

This is a small but extremely helpful tweak for me - Thanks very much for the time and effort.
 
Hi,

Hope I can pick your brains again Rob? I have been quite happy playing around with xml files for the past couple of weeks and seeing changes take effect. I am almost happy with the increased font sizes I have used on different screens and would now like to make them a user file.

Am I correct in creating a skin_user.xml and locating it in etc/enigma2

If, for example, I want to keep changes to "event" from commonskin would my new skin_user.xml simply contain the following? (As you copied above)

<widget source="Event" render="Label" position="20,70" size="577,30" halign="left" backgroundColor="black" font="Bold;24" noWrap="1" transparent="0" foregroundColor="orange">
<convert type="EventName">Name</convert>
</widget>

Does </widget> signify the end of the code for a particular section?

Cheers
 
Am I correct in creating a skin_user.xml and locating it in etc/enigma2
That is an option, but that would apply to any skin you use.
If you give the file the name skin_user_skinname.xml it would only apply to this specific skin (giving you the option to use any other skin without any problems.


If, for example, I want to keep changes to "event" from commonskin would my new skin_user.xml simply contain the following? (As you copied above)

<widget source="Event" render="Label" position="20,70" size="577,30" halign="left" backgroundColor="black" font="Bold;24" noWrap="1" transparent="0" foregroundColor="orange">
<convert type="EventName">Name</convert>
</widget>
No: you need to include complete screens in this file.

Does </widget> signify the end of the code for a particular section?
Yes: Any '/' indicates the end of any 'sub section'.


See also this thread.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top