Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Infinite Boot Loop

o0kenn0o

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2014
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi all

Don't get me wrong but I do consider myself a noob for a bit longer. However I learn best through breaking things and rebuilding them - but importantly, learning from my mistakes! (That's my ass covered :) )

I have had my Solo2 for some months now as I'm not out of contract with Sly until then end of this month (Sept). I started with Blackhole but TBH found this over complicated with too many options and most important, no documentation.

Enter OpenViX! Wow, this is great! A manual and a far simpler interface. I struggled with both BH and OpenViX TBH with the bouquet creation and scanning of channels but the ABM makes things so much simpler!

So - My hat off to you guys as I'm staying with OpenViX :)

Now my problem.

I have a backup from the weekend that work fine but since then (Sunday) I downloaded what may of been an incompatible wallpaper. Now my box errors after a few seconds, displays a dump error on screen and reboots/re-starts the Enigma engine. This loop just continues until I hard power off the receiver.

Because of the continuous loop I do not get the option to blow the firmware from a power-on in stand-by mode. If I hard power of the receiver the option to blow the firmware is not available.

I've seen a thread to ftp to the box but does the ftp daemon stay up during an Enigma reboot?

TIA

Kenny
 
yes during a e2 bootloop FTP and telnet can still be accessed, if your issue is just a corrupt skin you can FTP into the skin directory and delete the offending files.

FTP to /usr/share/enigma2/ and delete the folder that corresponds with the name of the skin you installed.
 
yes during a e2 bootloop FTP and telnet can still be accessed, if your issue is just a corrupt skin you can FTP into the skin directory and delete the offending files.

FTP to /usr/share/enigma2/ and delete the folder that corresponds with the name of the skin you installed.

Thanks Pheonix! PS Where can I find the dump files just in case the deletion of the wall paper does not resolve my problem? And just to add to this - I can't accidentally delete the default wallpaper from this same directory too and make things just as bad?
 
Last edited:
what do you mean by dump files ?.

Logs are by default saved to /home/root/logs/

backups are saved to /media/hdd/backup/ (or what ever you use as a storage medium).
 
Sorry - I'm a windows boy :p

Yes, the logs I was after!

Thanks again.
 
Mornig all.

OK - I deleted the folders I was confident in proving to myself that these were add-ons based on the name of the folder and install date, but no luck. I'm obviously missing something as the wallpaper is one of the downloaded options and is still be applied. Could someone direct me to the JPG path that is used for the backdrop please and I'll try again.

I have the logs here at work (one attached) with me but I think the attached screen dump maybe of more use?

Any help would be much appreciated as I fear I may have a brick in my midst :(
 

Attachments

Just reflash box with a fresh image and start over,save all the messing around..
 
Just reflash box with a fresh image and start over,save all the messing around..

I totally agree but I thought the box *had* to be powered on from the front touch button to be able to flash the unit which isn't an option with the infinite reboot I am experiencing? If that's not the case then my USB pen must be FUBAR -> I have a good quality alternative with me now with the image installed, I'll try that as previous attempts to flash just ignored the pen drive and the box would spin up OpenViX.

Thanks for your help all!
 
How quick is the bootloop because I would have thought that you could still get away with inserting usb in front usb slot and turning off the switch on back, wait a few seconds and turn back on again and the box would detect the usb and prompt about flashing and so long as it prompts for flashing (ie pressing power key) and you're quick enough then it would ignore the existing image and flash what is on usb.

I'd have thought the solo2 would do this as a normal procedure before trying to load the image (ie Apollo) in case of corrupted images.
 
Last edited:
If the receiver has detected a viable image on the USB stick at bootup it will present you with the option of flashing that for at least 5 seconds before it then boots into the onboard image, so check the image structure is correct on the stick and / or try other sticks.

A full flashing tutorial can be found on our download site www.openvix.co.uk
 
Hi all

Thanks for your advice - it was the dam USB stick :(

The same stick I have been using to flash and store the EPG up until my problems began. A good quality Lexar drive has sorted it now with the latest image (032) installed like a dream and a restore got me up in no time.

Thanks again
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top