Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Install Vix Image from HD

  • Thread starter Thread starter rosco1874
  • Start date Start date
R

rosco1874

Guest
I am unable to download an updated image and I can't find my usb, is it possible to install the latest image from the HDD?
 
yes you can use the Image manager to flash a image directly.

Blue button> ViX> image manager.

you can either download the newest image directly from within the image manager using the yellow button I believe or FTP the image to /hdd/backups (not 100 percent sure on that path as I am at work and not near a receiver to check but if not it will be easy enough to find), you also do not need to extract the image if it is in a .zip format archive as the image manager will decompress the file it self.
 
You are correct pheonix I have just tried it as I upgraded to Apollo 78 via Couch flash so did not download the file to my PC,so I downloaded it to my Duo2 with Image Manager yellow then green buttons and ftp'd it to my PC with FlashFXP it is now available should I need to use a USB Drive :)
 
yes you can use the Image manager to flash a image directly.

Blue button> ViX> image manager.

you can either download the newest image directly from within the image manager using the yellow button I believe or FTP the image to /hdd/backups (not 100 percent sure on that path as I am at work and not near a receiver to check but if not it will be easy enough to find), you also do not need to extract the image if it is in a .zip format archive as the image manager will decompress the file it self.

Thanks for the quick reply. I've put the Zip (openvixhd-Apollo.078-vusolo2_usb.zip) in the Backup dir but it does not see it in Image Manager
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers, so I extract the Vusolo folder from the zip and copy that to the Backup Dir?
You could or you could download the image version you need from within the image manager using the yellow button then use the blue button to flash it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
 
Cheers, so I extract the Vusolo folder from the zip and copy that to the Backup Dir?
You could or you could download the image version you need from within the image manager using the yellow button then use the blue button to flash it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
 
Thanks for the quick reply. I've put the Zip (openvixhd-Apollo.078-vusolo2_usb.zip) in the Backup dir but it does not see it in Image Manager

Depending on your mount, it will go in something like
Code:
/media/hdd/imagebackups/
Or do as pheonix says & use the box to download the image.
 
Thanks guys it was the Imagebackup dir
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top