It looks like that the cabling/lnb's etc are OK.
Please don't assume anything; that won't make you any wiser.
Please state your complete tuner config and problem as it is now.
I am trying quite hard not to make assumptions. At every stage in this thread I have tried to give the evidence that leads to the conclusions I am making.
I suspect a software bug, yes, but no, I am not assuming it.
Would it help if I attached my "settings" file?
The current configuration is:
Tuner A connected to one port of an octuple LNB on a Sky minidish (other ports go to a standard Sky box and a PC tuner card)
Tuner B connected to a totally separate motorised dish with DisEqC motor, using USALS, universal LNB.
When the receiver is up and running, both tuners work fine; I can jump between the tuners, choose satellites, record one thing whlle watching another, stream from the web interface, exactly as you would expect.
The symptom I observe only occurs when the receiver is coming out of standby, either because I've switched on to watch something, or to make an unattended recording, or to stream from the web interface. It does not go wrong every time - it's hard to quantify but perhaps 1 in 3 attempts goes wrong. The nature of "goes wrong" is that if (and only if) the channel it needs causes it to select tuner B, then I see "tune failed" or a failed recording. There is strong evidence (yes, evidence, not an assumption - see earlier in the thread) that what is actually happening is that despite choosing tuner B, it is actually taking the data stream from tuner A. Whether it actually yields a usable signal or not depends on whether the "wrong" dish happens to be pointing at the "right" satellite.
Once the receiver is in the "bad" state, it stays that way until I choose a channel that uses tuner A, and then go back to B. After that it works perfectly until the next standby.