Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno4K] IPTV Feature Request - Pause IPTV (please move to correct section if need be)

You can pause 4097 without a mod, however

You can pause 4097 on Openvix without any mod but it’s like the workaround for vod in bouquets (pause and seek)

Press help button
Click the bottom pause playback
To resume
Click help
Click the bottom continue playback

And the py in this thread allows pause on dvb and full on timeshift on dvb streams

So overall if devs implement and sort it works well.
 
Possibly a silly question - has anyone tried the timeshift.py from ATV on ViX to see if that works in all modes?
 
Possibly a silly question - has anyone tried the timeshift.py from ATV on ViX to see if that works in all modes?

Not sure why you would do this, and there are also significant differences in the way its called and some variables, so I would expect it to crash
 
Possibly a silly question - has anyone tried the timeshift.py from ATV on ViX to see if that works in all modes?

Wouldn't use py from any other image.

For work around can use the timeshift.py in this thread for DVB streams for full pause and if you set up automatically start timeshift for rewind etc, and the work around above for 4097 which was
Press help button
Click the bottom pause playback
To resume
Click help
Click the bottom continue playback

Not as easy/simple/quick as other OpenOE, but its a work around to maybe if and when the devs have spare time to have a look and change for next image or what not.
 
Can you post the py again. Can't get it from your post.
 
I've been playing with this today and have got this working on my Solo2.

I've therefore submitted a pull request here.

This mod adds support for pause/play of IPTV stream instead of displaying error message (or not, depending on settings) stating timeshift not supported.

This isn't full timeshift (ie seek) support with IPTV streams, rather a pause/playback. Maybe over time, this could be incorporated if possible!

Many thanks to @danny121pt for posting original mod and the two timeshift commits on ATVs implementation of this.

Tested working on solo2 with normal dvb streams and IPTV 4097: streams (iptv 1: stream had few issues but this could have been my box as 4097 is more stable IPTV stream on my box anyhow).
 
The feature of Pause/Resume is now available from Vix 5.2.026+

This is just pause/resume and not timeseeking once paused (ie in timeshift mode).

Like with any new feature added, this is a work-in-progress.

On my Solo2, the Pause button allows pause and once paused, the same button allows resume of an IPTV stream.

Tested on 4097 (gstreamer) and 1 (dvb) IPTV stream type. Each box may behave differently depending on stream type in use but I personally recommend 4097 service type. The other 5001+ (exteplayer) service types don't support recording, etc I've found.
 
Last edited:
The feature of Pause/Resume is now available from Vix 5.2.026+

This is just pause/resume and not timeseeking once paused (ie in timeshift mode).

Like with any new feature added, this is a work-in-progress.

On my Solo2, the Pause button allows pause and once paused, the same button allows resume of an IPTV stream.

Tested on 4097 (gstreamer) and 1 (dvb) IPTV stream type. Each box may behave differently depending on stream type in use but I personally recommend 4097 service type. The other 5001+ (exteplayer) service types don't support recording, etc I've found.

Yeah 5001 and 5002 wont record, you get invalid refs (same on most)

DVB and E2 - record
DVB and Ext3 - record
4097 and E2 - record
4097 and ext3 - locks up

Based on testing across the years.
 
So sorry meant to mention this in the release today, been chasing my backside today.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great stuff, many users will benefit from that.
 
Last edited:
It's great that IPTV can now be paused. If anyone can solve the problem of .ts streams freezing after a couple of minutes then that would be even better and make the box practically perfect!
 
It's great that IPTV can now be paused. If anyone can solve the problem of .ts streams freezing after a couple of minutes then that would be even better and make the box practically perfect!

Freeze after couple minutes, I don't get that.

Try using serviceapp with extplayer3 see if that helps.

If using something like suls, try 4097 and then extplayer3 via serviceapp.

If using an old iptv.sh panel script, ditch it and try different method.
 
Freeze after couple minutes, I don't get that.

Try using serviceapp with extplayer3 see if that helps.

If using something like suls, try 4097 and then extplayer3 via serviceapp.

If using an old iptv.sh panel script, ditch it and try different method.

Thanks for the reply but it's a well known problem. If playing the stream on VLC you can get round the problem by using loop function. On openvix you have to change channel and go back. I have already tried all the options you suggested but no joy. By the way these are free streams I'm talking about not created bouquets using suls app & sub which when tested work ok although they are .ts streams also.
 
I never got round to testing this but maybe restarting network with crontimer

/sbin/ifconfig eth0 down

/sbin/ifconfig eth0 up
 
I never got round to testing this but maybe restarting network with crontimer

/sbin/ifconfig eth0 down

/sbin/ifconfig eth0 up

Is this in reply to my question? If so can you please be more specific as am not too hot on that sort of thing. Do I just post the two lines to sbin folder using notepad?
 
Is this in reply to my question? If so can you please be more specific as am not too hot on that sort of thing. Do I just post the two lines to sbin folder using notepad?

Yes it was a reply to your question, I haven't fully tested it but maybe create a .sh file i.e. restart_network.sh with those commands then add to usr/script then set a cron timer to run it every 3 minutes.

I would be careful though as the web server may see it as ddos attacking as you will be constantly reconnecting to the stream every 3 minutes so try it on something your not bothered about getting banned from.
 
Yes it was a reply to your question, I haven't fully tested it but maybe create a .sh file i.e. restart_network.sh with those commands then add to usr/script then set a cron timer to run it every 3 minutes.

I would be careful though as the web server may see it as ddos attacking as you will be constantly reconnecting to the stream every 3 minutes so try it on something your not bothered about getting banned from.

Many thanks but my knowledge does not stretch to that I think. Also 3 minutes would be too long as the freezing is usually between 1-2 minutes I would say.
 
Is there not a way to detect a frozen stream and do a fake stream or channel change?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top