Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno4K] IPTV Feature Request - Pause IPTV (please move to correct section if need be)

From my understanding of the different service types (from what I've read and some from what I've experienced on my solo2):-
Service type 1 = better at recovering from glitches but I've found my box has more glitches using this but I understand some boxes are better with this service type. Can record from this.
Service type 4097 = less glitches but doesn't recover very well when a glitch does happen. Can record from this.
Service type 5001+ = Never really tried these as you can't record (last time I checked).

Sometimes, it's hard to know if glitches are because of our hardware/setup, iptv provider or a mixture of both.
 
From my understanding of the different service types (from what I've read and some from what I've experienced on my solo2):-
Service type 1 = better at recovering from glitches but I've found my box has more glitches using this but I understand some boxes are better with this service type. Can record from this.
Service type 4097 = less glitches but doesn't recover very well when a glitch does happen. Can record from this.
Service type 5001+ = Never really tried these as you can't record (last time I checked).

Sometimes, it's hard to know if glitches are because of our hardware/setup, iptv provider or a mixture of both.

Thanks but it's none of the above. It depends on how you play the file. The same file on an Android app or VLC with loop enabled plays fine. Openvix can't handle it for some reason.
 
Thanks but it's none of the above. It depends on how you play the file. The same file on an Android app or VLC with loop enabled plays fine. Openvix can't handle it for some reason.
It's not openvix that is the problem.

It is that Enigma2 doesn't know when the connection is dropped, so it can't auto-reconnect.
 
It's not openvix that is the problem.

It is that Enigma2 doesn't know when the connection is dropped, so it can't auto-reconnect.

That's basically what I am asking is there a way to detect and reconnect? Or detect and do a fake channel or stream change.
 
Thanks but it's none of the above. It depends on how you play the file. The same file on an Android app or VLC with loop enabled plays fine. Openvix can't handle it for some reason.
As Ev0 mentioned, problem isn't with openvix, it will likely be an E2 device problem affecting all images.

Remember that E2 was never conceived with iptv in mind and iptv support has been added on after.
 
You are best using a receiver that has a Stalker plugin available. The SF8008 is fantastic for the IPTV, nice GUI and lets you pause iptv etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
That's basically what I am asking is there a way to detect and reconnect? Or detect and do a fake channel or stream change.

Right now, no there isn't.

Someone much cleverer than I am, might be able to do something, but don't hold your breath.

Enigma2 is old now, it's been around since 2004/2005, and yes it's come a long way, but it still has some big limitations and this is 1 of them.

However there are some iptv servers, that can do auto-reconnect at there end and also using exteplayer3 seems to help with this (but then you loose the recording option, as you can't record exteplayer3 streams).
 
You are best using a receiver that has a Stalker plugin available. The SF8008 is fantastic for the IPTV, nice GUI and lets you pause iptv etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The stalker plugin if I am correct imitates a mag box. But I am talking about free streams which do not require anything like that. And the latest openvix lets you pause IPTV so anything is possible!
 
Last edited:
However there are some iptv servers, that can do auto-reconnect at there end and also using exteplayer3 seems to help with this (but then you loose the recording option, as you can't record exteplayer3 streams).
If exteplayer handles this better then could however they have managed this be added to gstreamer as doesn't that, by default, handle 4097 service types?
 
If exteplayer handles this better then could however they have managed this be added to gstreamer as doesn't that, by default, handle 4097 service types?

When I tried exetplayer it still froze.
 
If exteplayer handles this better then could however they have managed this be added to gstreamer as doesn't that, by default, handle 4097 service types?
I think the only reason exteplayer3 handles it better, is because it is faster to connect than gstreamer.

So if a stream freezes momentarily it doesn't drop the connection in the same way that gstreamer does.

But again, it's down to someone far cleverer than I am, to workout if it's possible to speed up gstreamer.
 
Probably freezes as your using free streams, most likely from a hacked m3u put on a site where connections are above its limit, example

If that was in vlc, when you set loop and it refresh its probably dropping due to many connection, but loop helps, if its doing it every 2 mins, the streams dropping every 2 mins so as above e2 can't loop like vlc.

Enigma2 on good servers is still the best UI and platform for IPTV (if an enthusiast), if want for ease of use and click and play then the z8 is good option.

Rarely get much freezing across few options unless its bad channel / stream.
 
Last edited:
Have you tried playing it via e2iPlayer, then set the active movie player as GST with buffering or EXT3 with buffering?
 
Have you tried playing it via e2iPlayer, then set the active movie player as GST with buffering or EXT3 with buffering?

Good suggestion, but I have just tried every option in e2iplayer and it still won't play. It just stops and goes back to media list in varying amounts of time between 30s & 2 minutes depending on player option selected.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top