Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Is autoresolution still useful?

  • Thread starter Thread starter intrigue
  • Start date Start date
I

intrigue

Guest
Hi,

I've got a Technomate nano 3t, with a year old LG 50PH660V. The nano is set at 1080p at 50hz from what I remember.

Will using auto resolution improve the look of the sd channels? I'm not too keen to change anything at the moment as the HD channels I have from FTA are stunning.
 
I use autoresolution mainly for the sd channels and get good pic , better that it is when first flashed but my lg tv is about 5 year old so mabey that's why, also find the hd better with autoresolution too but its all down to preference
 
Thanks - not sure how it applies to using newer tech though?
 
im using the new lx3 which is quite new
 
You should try it. It's a matter of who has the better scaler: the box or the TV.
And newer isn't always better.

Also AR is mainly meant to let the output resolution match the resolution of the video-source, to prevent multiple scaling.
 
Ok cool, my box apparently has HD upscaling built in - I just know too many things fighting each other to scale stuff doesn't come out too great. Will give it a go.
 
Ok cool, my box apparently has HD upscaling built in
As all HD boxes have. Question is if you want to use it. Most of the times, TV's will have a better scaler. And that's where AR kicks in: SD video contents is then outputted in the same SD resolution, leaving it to the TV to do the upscaling (which it does as it has an HD-screen).
 
i forgot to say i also use videoenhancements take a bit of messing about to get best picture try it with auto res and also without it . play about with settings , u should get a decent pic for both sd and hd
 
Hi,
if you want to play movies with 24Hz (23.976Hz) AR is a must.

ciao
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top