Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Is the VU+ USB WLAN unstable?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bjorntj
  • Start date Start date
B

bjorntj

Guest
Just bought an Solo 2 box for my mother and trying to set it up... And since there is no cable near the tv at my moms house, I bought the box with the USB WLAN adapter...
But it seems to be unstable... After I have set it up and rebootet once, the WLAN works... But when I boot once more, the WLAN is connected but has no IP address... Tried a fresh install three times now and this is consistent....
Is this a known problem or? Any fix?

Regards,

BTJ
 
I don't know anything about wifi dongles as I've never used them but f you post your network configuration it may help others to help you.
 
Not sure which network configuration that are missing... All is standard, the VU+ dongle that came with the box, DLink AP and using DHCP....
LAN works ok...
 
In my eyes wifi dongles are not brilliant. I would personally go with the powerline adapters (aka homeplugs)
 
Hmmm... So relying on wifi dongle, even the one that comes with the box, is not smart?
 
I have no issues with the VU-dongle.
You must realize that WiFi for video isn't always the best choice. The signal quality and bandwidth are very much depending on the circumstances of the moment. Use your amrtphone on your own WiFi network, walk to the end of the garden, and bandwidth for all connected devices will drop.
Any video-stream will require a high bandwidth, which will not always be available; there's no relation with the dongle not being reliable.
 
Well as I said, my issue is that the wifi is connected to my AP but it does not have any ip address... It works at the beginning after the first boot but after the second boot the ip address is gone....
 
have you installed the correct driver from the feeds, I use 2 dongles, the official VU and a 3rd party and have no problems, also try setting a static IP for the box and set up an exception in the router firewall for the box
 
Haven't installed any drivers no, because I was under the impression that the official VU was supported by the image without any extra drivers?
But I can test setting up a static dhcp address when I set up the box at my moms....
 
Hmmm... Static DHCP won't work if the problem is DHCP... So guess I have to try using static ip....
 
Yes, that would be possible... But just strange that every other devices connected to the AP was working ok... Also why did it work after the first boot but not the second..... :confused:
But the box is on it's way to my mom, so we'll see if the dongle perhaps work better on wifi at her place.... :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top