Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[TM-NANO-2-SUPER] Issue with Tuner Failure for Autobouquets & CrossEPG on a Diseqc Setup

  • Thread starter Thread starter spanner5351
  • Start date Start date
S

spanner5351

Guest
Hi All,

A bit of an intro of myself; ive been in the SAT world for a while, but only recently got myself a new TM Nano 2 Super and facing this issue.
Whenever i want to scan an autobouquet or CrossEPG...it fails. I found that the only way to get round this is if i Disable Tuner 2 then scan works fine.

For autobouquets its not really too much of a problem as i can set it up once then re-enable my Tuner 2, however for CrossEPG which will need to be updated every week (or on a schedule) i would need to do the whole work around every time.

Im not sure if this is an image issue, hardware or just that ive set the Tuners up wrong?

My Setup:
-1x Dish with 3 LNB's (13e, 19.2e, 28.2e)
-2x (4way) Diseqc switches - so 2 separate feeds to the receiver.
- i have set the receiver up so that both Tuners 1&2 with Diseqc A/B/C/D.
Both tuners have been set up exactly the same as effectively they have the same configuration through their own feeds.
Note - No motorised dish.

Thanks for your help and suggestions in advance.
 
I have no idea if this is related to your problem or not but I have very similar setup and problems to yours with my new Mut@nt HD2400 when using 2 diseqc switches.

Same CrossEPG problems and also alot of 'tune failed' issues when switching between satellites.

The exact same setup works perfectly on every other E2 box I have owned including Duo, Duo2, DM8000 and DM7080.

I read on another forum the tuners are in need of a firmware update and that is out of the hands of the box manufacturer, it may be worth checking if your tuners are the same as mine.

Code:
root@mutant2400:~# cat /proc/bus/nim_sockets
NIM Socket 0:
        Type: DVB-S2
        Name: AVL6211
        Has_Outputs: yes
        Frontend_Device: 0
        I2C_Device: 4
NIM Socket 1:
        Type: DVB-S2
        Name: AVL6211
        Has_Outputs: yes
        Frontend_Device: 1
        I2C_Device: 3

My solution for now is to leave the diseqc switch as it is on tuner A and put a direct single feed from 28.2e on tuner B and now everything works as it should.

I would prefer to use the 2 swtches and hope it gets fixed soon but tbh I could probably live with it as it is because I love the Mut@nt.
 
Last edited:
Thanks maxben, i will check this when i go home.

I hope that isnt the case because i dont think i can return my box for a different TM as its out of the 30 days. even then, wouldnt know which TM box has tuners which work for 2 switches.

out of curiosity what configuration do you have in your Tuner config e.g. "simple diseqc A/B/C/D" etc? i'm wondering if maybe there is something ticked or not ticked correctly etc.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
TUNER A , 4 port diseqc switch set to advanced to accommodate the motorised dish settings.

Port A - 13 east

Port B - 28.2 east

Port C - motorised dish

Port D - 19.2 east

TUNER B , 4 port diseqc switch set to simple diseqc ABCD

Port A - 13 east

Port B - 28.2 east

Port C - not connected

Port D - 19.2 east

I have tried various settings such as increased voltage and different priorities all with the same result.

My diseqc switches are made by Spaun which are considered to be some of the best but I have also tried cheap Technomate switches all with same result.

As the same configuration works on other hardware I share the opinion the problem is down to the tuners/firmware.

EDIT: just done a bit of googling on this tuner and seems some VU+ models had problems with it which were fixed with a driver update.

Code:
20140418
- Fix DVB-S2 Single(AVL6211) tuner problem(duo2, ultimo)

dunno what's up......
 
Last edited:
it will be interesting to see if my box has that same tuner, then we might be able to narrow down the issue to that.
or even if someone else has this tuner and is able to get 2 diseqc switches to work?

have you tried to update your tuners to that latest driver you mentioned?
 
During your tuner configuration, did you select "automatic" or manually select the satellites? Can you upload the file called "settings". It is located in /etc/enigma2/

If you disable one tuner at a time, do you have any signal reception issues on the other?
 
Last edited:
well abu baniaz, if you were here now I'd probably give you a big smacker on the lips :)

Your post prompted me to try the only thing I hadn't tried which was setting the satellites to automatic as I assumed setting them manually would be the better and safer option.

I left Tuner A with the diseqc switch set to advanced which I can't change because of the motorised dish.

but on Tuner B I set the 3 used ports on the diseqc to automatic and now initial tests everything seems to operating as it should. No 'tune failed' messages so far and I've been swapping sats like crazy.

I fail to understand why this would make a difference as all auto does is scan the ports to select the sats but it seems as though it does as manual settings work fine on other receivers.

Anyway thanks again.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top