Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8500] Issues with timeshift pausing and recording

fowleronline

New member
Joined
Aug 8, 2016
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi
My original post was on the specific XT8500 forum, but perhaps I put it in the wrong place and the issue is Vix not the box.

Two things I can't seem to find the answer to in the searches I have done, perhaps my terminology is wrong, I'm a relative newcomer and not fully up to speed yet.

1) When I have been on the same channel for some time, why can I not rewind past the start of the present programme?

2) After a long pause in live tv, I watch what I have paused, then press stop to return to live channel. At this point the channel freezes and the only way out is to change off the channel and then switch back. Why?

I have done the updates and am on the latest build at the time of posting and updating hasn't resolved the two issues I regularly experience.

Thanks in advance your your advice.

Martin
 
The answer to your first question is because it is not continuously recording. So if you have been watching a channel for an hour or so it would meena your hard drive will have to record it taking up space on your hard drive. This is why you can't rewind the channel

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
 
Time shift only works on the current program/event.

The < key should, in theory, allow you to get back to the previous event, (2 presses) but doesn't appear to work anymore.
 
Time shift only works on the current program/event.

The < key should, in theory, allow you to get back to the previous event, (2 presses) but doesn't appear to work anymore.
The latter could well be explained by the former.
 
If it's not working anymore (haven't tried recently tbh), could this maybe looked into?
 
Thanks folks,

I though the rewinding thing was a setting I had missed. I find it annoying when I miss the end of a programme, and because I had not paused it when I left the room, I cannot rewind back into it. I have an almost empty 1tb HD, so I would be happy for it to continually record the channel I am on until I tell it to do otherwise. Is there a way to request this facility from the Vix team please?

Any thoughts on the system locking up when trying to get back to real time from a timeshifted programme using the stop button?

Thanks again.
 
It's not box related, I think its image related.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top