Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] jumping screen

miguel57

Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2016
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Hi. I have a CTR tv set (Thomson 44"), and i have conected my vuduo2 with the last openvix image. The problem i have is that when watching some football matches you see the players when they are running like doing it not continously but like doing small jumps. I detected this issue also with another vu solo. I have set the vuo in scart mode an rgb but the problem is still on. Any Help? :mad.
 
What is your output resolution and refresh rate set to?
NTSC should be set to 480 @60hz (30) and PAL should be 576 @50hz (25).
If you are in Europe you require PAL
Never used scart on these machines so not sure what options you are given.
 
My tv set is a CTR (No HD), and as you Know, the vuduo2 is HD. I vahe both connected through scart to scart. When i put scart in the configuration menu of the vix i can not set 576 and 50hz, but if i put HDMI connection in the vix image i can put also 576p and 50hz, but as i said the tv is not connected through hdmi but scart
 
Yes I know the tv is a CRT, are you saying that when connected by scart, Vix does not even give you the option for NTSC or PAL in the a/v settings?
This I find very hard to believe.
 
Yes i have put "pal" on Vix and also "scart" and "RGB", what is funny is that if i put HDMI instead of scart the "vix" give me the oportunity to put 576 and 50HZ, but if i put "scart" it does not give the oportunity to put 576 and 50Hz. my questión is if i have to put "scart" or HDMI with 576 and 50.
 
I would suggest setting the HDMI configuration to 576i and 50Hz in the AV menu and save it (green button). Use the SCART cable for connection to your CRT. Both of the boxes I have will output video on HDMI, SCART, Composite and component video simultaneously. I think it would be unusual to have an NTSC standard TV with a SCART socket as they are really only used in the european market. Are you sure the TV is set correctly for 25/50 frames per second? What you're describing looks like a frame rate mismatch. Is your TV a european model? 44" is big for a CRT - I don't think I've ever seen one larger than about 32" - yours must be a monster :eek:
 
Yes it is a monster, but the video on the screen is perfect better than many hd receivers that i have seen. Eventually i set HDMI, 576p, not 576i, becasuse all the channels in sd if you press configuration they will tell you on the screen 576p not i. I do not know why, but i set it to p and also as i said i put HDMI not scart altough the devices are connected through scart and at the moment is working without problem. What i can not understand is why if i have the devices as i said connected through scart and i can put HDMI and it works?. I have put HDMI because that way i can put also 576p, but if i put scart the openvix do not allow me to put nothing else than "scart".
 
I was going to suggest you set the HDMI to 576i, as all CRT (TV) devices are interlaced by default, but yet it seems to work better for you on progressive...
As I wrote in post #6, any of my set top boxes will output on SCART and HDMI and composite/component video simultaneously. I haven't been able to find specifications for your TV (I didn't look very hard to be honest!) but it may be that it accepts progressive input on the SCART, but it will be displaying interlaced unless it's a type of specialist monitor. What does your TV manual say about input formats?
The picture quality on your TV may be good but it can't resolve fine detail as well as a good HD set as it is limited to SD, but enjoy it while it still works!
 
You will find his tv is displaying a progressive output from the interlaced input, if I can stretch my mind back is that not a feature of RGB scart?
So it may have been a combination of the settings in his box AND his TV...
 
Last edited:
I'm assuming it's a combination of settings on STB and TV causing the issue. Normal SD over SCART is interlaced even on the RGB setting as far as I recall. Now, the Duo may default to progressive in that mode - I don't know. My old DVD player had options to set progressive on SCART, but the TV had to be capable of accepting the signal. The CRT itself will be using interlaced on the screen, unless it's actually a specialist monitor natively using progressive scan. It's really down to the spec of the TV as to the optimum setting on the STB. Most current flat panel TVs will handle multiple refresh rates and resolutions in interlaced or progressive, whereas an older set may just require some tweaking of the input format to get an acceptable result.
 
At the moment the problem is off from my tv set, anyway many thanks to all the people colaborating in the solution of the issue. Thanks
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top