Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

KA-SAT Transponder

Xiaomi

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
May 7, 2018
Messages
150
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
N.I.
Hello,

I'm trying to get access to KA-SAT transponder for Saorsat.

I can obtain access to a 'fake' frequency 10.765 V 25000 using signal finder. However, if I manually enter the data for the KA-SAT it will not show a signal - even though the fake frequency can obtain a signal.

Code:
Parameters are:

KA-SAT @ 9E
20.185 GHz, Left Circular Polarisation,
DVB-S2 QPSK,
SR 25000 with 2/3 FEC (was 1/2 FEC which allows about 25 Mbit/s data, about the same as the Terrestrial Mux),
Irish spot (there are 82 spots on KA-SAT)
It's likely a second carrier will be used to carry material on the second Terrestrial PSB mux. The second DTT mux is running with no services on many sites and there is a second DVB-S2 carrier in the same
part of the Ku band for Internet Services using SR 50000 with adaptive modulation and FEC.

Any DVB-S2 HD satellite receiver can in theory be used to receive Saorsat as the Ka band LNBF converts to a regular IF in the 950 MHz to 2,100 MHz band. If the receiver does not have a setting for the Ka
band LNBF Lo, then a "fake" frequency 10.765 vertical rather than the real 20.185 may be entered when using the Inverto LNB with local oscillator of 21.2


Does anyone know why the real frequency cannot be picked up?
 
Right - the next question is location and dish size. I think your location is Northern Ireland - a minimum of 110cm dish is specified for that area. The spot coverage is very tight and you are not in the intended coverage area.
 
The other thing to check is the lnb settings. You may have it set to "universal" if you are really getting a signal using the "fake" settings. You must use the "ka-band" lnb settings if you wish to use the correct frequencies. However if you really are getting a signal using the fake settings then do a manual scan on the fake transponder and you should receive the channels. The "fake" settings are for receivers that do not have ka-band lnb settings and only can use the "universal lnb" option but they still can be used regardless.
 
There is a 'KA-SAT' option in the LOF. The transponder settings are from the satellites.xml which appear to be correct for the 'real' signal'.
 
Right - the next question is location and dish size. I think your location is Northern Ireland - a minimum of 110cm dish is specified for that area. The spot coverage is very tight and you are not in the intended coverage area.

I already get the signal I was able to get the channels tuned in.

I've attached me file if they would help. Also, this is the thread I've initially asked for help on this (https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59857-Combining-Sky-EPG-with-Saorsat), but gave up and switched to using WebIf to combine.

I was trying to combine them but messed it up.

View attachment satellites.xml
View attachment sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml
View attachment sat_0090_saorsat.xml
View attachment EXAMPLE_hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomradioLCN.xml
View attachment EXAMPLE_hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN.xml
View attachment EXAMPLE_hd_sat_0090_saorsat_CustomradioLCN.xml
View attachment EXAMPLE_hd_sat_0090_saorsat_CustomLCN.xml
 
Last edited:
I've got it all back, so I'll try re-combining another time. Still curious about the KA-SAT though.
 
If you don't use the proper KA-Sat config you won't be able to scan Saorsat with ABM.
 
I've got it working now without ABM, but I was still curious as to why KA-SAT was not even picking up a signal on the OpenATV image.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top