Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Keep losing Terrestrial xml file.

sandiego69

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2013
Messages
218
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Whenever I do a new build or software update I lose the Terrestrial.xml file. It seems to be either overwritten or missing. I want to keep the file I created for my local transmitters and have tried placing in either 'Enigma2' folder or Tuxbox or both.

Where should my file be kept so I am able to 'restore' it correctly?
 
The files in /etc/tuxbox are systemfiles and will indeed be overwritten on an image update.
If you really want to use a user file, it should go to /etc/enigma2 ; it will take precedence over the system file and is incorporated in any settings backup.
 
Why not upload details of your transmitter. It can then be added to the image.
 
I would willing do that but I am not sure how and where to send it. Please explain.
 
Zip/rar it and attach here. If you click on advanced, there will be an option to manage attachments.
 
Beacon Hill in South Devon.

I have tried your suggestion last night to reflash and restore backups with the Terrestrial.xml file in etc/enigma but each time it disappears.

I do have a file in tuxbox but I deleted this to see if it made any difference. I have had this problem for the last year so any help in making sure the transmitter (Beacon Hill) is always restored as default would be very helpful.
 
That xml file you uploaded has some details missing. Ideally we need someone with some IT skills to grab all the data possible from site below/ofcoms database and update all the values for the UK transmitters.

Back to the matter in hand, I have used the details you uploaded and also used the data from here
Code:
http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=SX857619


I have added the to the existing xml which is attached. Please extract it and replace the current one in /etc/tuxbox/, perform a scan (preferrably with no pre-existing channels) and report back. After your response, we can add to the GIT so that it is always available for you.
 

Attachments

Confirmation that fiel is fine would have been great. Anyway, added to feeds and will be included in Apollo 018.
 
Apologies. I am on holiday for a while longer and unable to check out the file. It was greatly appreciated and I will report back as soon as I can. Meanwhile, again, thanks.
 
Ok The file works perfectly as a scan tool. I am still having the same problem that the file disappears when updating. I have tried putting the file in 'etc/enigma2' and deleting the one in 'tuxbox'. I have tried the same file in both. Every time I either re-flash with a new build, currently 019, or a 'software update and then restore settings, I lose the file!
 
The transmitter details will be in the image as standard. You waont need to worry about replacing/editing the file.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top