Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Kodi 17 on Openvix 5.0 not working

JohnMurrayUK

New member
Joined
Oct 3, 2016
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
52
Location
Driffield, UK
After installing 5.0 and restoring my 4.2 plugins and slyk skin, only Kodi is failing to work.
Remove plugin and Add plugin gives no errors, but also quits the routine too fast to see what's failing.
When I select to start Kodi, it just quits back to the menu. Don't even see the Kodi 17 launch splash screen.

Looking though the Packages.gz available to opkg I thought I'd try and manually install each kodi related one and look for errors.
I get errors when installing:
opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-vuplus-kodi-dev

Collected errors:
* calculate_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma2-plugin-extensions-vuplus-kodi-dev:
* libpng (= 1.5.14-r2) * python-twisted-lore *


These may be a red herring, but neither of these are available to install in the opkg source package lists.

Any ideas what I should try next?

Here is a file listing of my Kodi plugin folder. Where should the binaries be?
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Kodi/__init__.py
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Kodi/__init__.pyo
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Kodi/e2utils.py
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Kodi/e2utils.pyo
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Kodi/keymap.xml
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Kodi/plugin.py
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Kodi/plugin.pyo
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Kodi/server.py
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Kodi/server.pyo
 
Last edited:
The plugin name changed to mx3l-kodi
Yep, that's the one that I installed.
It goes to a Black screen and instead of booting into Kodi it just returns to the Plugin screen :(

Andy
 
Tried again. Didn't work for me. I have a /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Kodi folder after installing the mx3l-kodi plugin, but no 'kodi' folder that I can find with ls -al
Any other ideas? Same symptom, where it goes to black screen, then back to plugins with no errors.
 
Hidden folder should be on hdd and is named .kodi mine can be seen using dream explorer in the plugins menu or by using filezilla and force it to show hidden files
 
SUCCESS. in my /tmp/kodi/kodi.log there was an error :
ERROR: SQL: [Addons27.db] SQL error or missing database

I searched for Addons27.db so I could delete it and found the elusive /kodi folder. On my Vu+Duo2 it was at /media/hdd/.kodi
I didn't have to delete the folder though, just the /media/hdd/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons27.db file itself.:cool:
Thanks for your input
 
Just installed it there but it's a small screen how would I fix that
bc07860d8e03da3402542888581b56e6.jpg


Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
 
I figured it out

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
 
Go to settings on your box ,set up, system, av settings change mode to 720 start kodi and will be on full screen

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top