Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GI-XPEED LX3] Kodi Direct Crashing Box.

dfox

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2012
Messages
441
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
41
Just flashed to Hades build 010 and when I try and play a film or download it and then try and play it, it crashes the box. I have attached the log.

Is anyone else having this issue?
 

Attachments

Can't you just use tsmedia? Phoenix, vdubt25, icefilms, 1channel are all on there and work bang on
 
Can't you just use tsmedia? Phoenix, vdubt25, icefilms, 1channel are all on there and work bang on

Can never get that to work properly. Everytime you try and stream something it just displays error.

Kodi was working perfectly on Apollo 153 before I flashed Hades
 
Use the latest tsmedia 9.7 showbox, genisis, sports devil all work fine aswel and the ones listed above, you do get a couple of errors for some links but there always a few to choose from
 
I use Kodi and works fine on my Mutant just a little slow at loading but once up and running works great
 
I use Kodi and works fine on my Mutant just a little slow at loading but once up and running works great

It was working fine before I flashed to Hades 010. Might try an earlier version of Hades.
 
I am on HADES 10 has I said it works fine on mine but I only use Genesis the others are hit and miss
 
please can you check if this file exists

/proc/stb/video/videomode
 
Hi,
what about
echo 1080p24 >> /proc/stb/video/videomode

Try and disable autoresolution.

ciao
 
Hi,
what about
echo 1080p24 >> /proc/stb/video/videomode

Try and disable autoresolution.

ciao

Trial, there was no echo 1080p24 file in that location.

I enabled automatic resolution and the film played fine and did not crash the box. I disabled automatic resolution and the crash returned.

Thanks
 
Hi,
don´t you mean it the other way around? Crash with AR and no crash without AR?

btw.
echo 1080p24 >> /proc/stb/video/videomode
is a line you are supposed to enter in a telnet session. It makes more or less the same videomode does or wanted to do at your crash.

ciao
 
Hi,
don´t you mean it the other way around? Crash with AR and no crash without AR?

btw.
echo 1080p24 >> /proc/stb/video/videomode
is a line you are supposed to enter in a telnet session. It makes more or less the same videomode does or wanted to do at your crash.

ciao

Apologies if this is a misunderstanding.

as above, if AR is enabled there is no crash, when it is disabled there is a crash. I never enable AR and Kodi worked fine on Apollo.
 
Hi,
I play a movie right now with my Duo2 without AR. What refresh rate have you set? Multi? If yes set it to 50 or 60 fixed.

ciao
 
Hi,
I play a movie right now with my Duo2 without AR. What refresh rate have you set? Multi? If yes set it to 50 or 60 fixed.

ciao

Yes have it set to multi, will try 50 or 60 cheers
 
Hi,
I would not say sorted.

Can you still try the enter the following line in Telnet and press enter then?

echo 1080p24 >> /proc/stb/video/videomode

This has to be the reason for that crash but the question is why.

ciao
 
Hi, I have the exact same issue with LX1 and LX2 but just when playing movies from media player and any other streaming etc.. other boxes I have are fine, I tried auto resolution and it worked, but when it zaps back to normal TV the menu is blurred as the resolution has changed, setting a fixed refresh rate also worked, I tried the line in telnet and I get an invalid argument message, Thanks
 
Hi,
can you try
echo 1080p50 >> /proc/stb/video/videomode
and
echo 1080i50 >> /proc/stb/video/videomode
and
cat /proc/stb/video/videomode_choices
and here post the output please.

One new thing in hades is that multi switch between 24, 50 and 60 Hz and my idea is that the LX? do not support 24Hz this way.

I tried also invalid values with my Duo2 and I never got invalidate argument. What should happen is that the box immediately switches to the given resolution.

ciao
 
No problem will have a look tonight
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top