Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Lagging issues in channel list/epg with fullscreen LCD Picons

Clabs

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
307
Reaction score
1
Points
18
I recently received my ET8500 and have spent the past few days setting it up/getting to know it and so far I am loving it.

The box is very fast and responsive UNTIL you select a fullscreen picon skin for the LCD screen and when you do, it introduces a fair bit of lag when scrolling through the channel list/epg. It is as though the receiver waits for the next picon to be displayed before moving the cursor in the channel list/epg.

Can anyone else confirm they have the same issue and is it possible for a workaround?

Cheers, Mark
 
Where are you storing the picons? My guess is you have them on your HDD. If so, I advise you to place them in either flash or on a usb stick.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thanks chaps.

It was a poor post on my behalf so to confirm, fresh flash Hades 018, Picons stored in flash, EPG stored on HDD.

Rossi - I agree it does not seem to be a Picon location issue because the default skin with the smaller Picon is absolutely fine.

Is there anything that can be done about the framebuffer issue or do you think it is a hardware limitation?

Cheers, Mark
 
Just main EPG with picons compared to my 8000
 
Just main EPG with picons compared to my 8000

Its probably why I don,t run with the full picons, but the last skin in the list which has smaller picons (plus clock in standby)
I am sure as Rossi said that it is a frame buffer issue that will not change. The ET8500 already uses something called alpablending which speeds up the the presentation of such images.
The ET8000 lcd display is light years simpler.
 
The feedback that i have been getting from a backup image i have done and it has been well tried and tested,It seems like a few are having recording issues on the cable side of the box using openatv,On openvix running satellite the box seems to be running very smooth,A few have mentioned about the fan being noisy,If you go into the fan settings and tweak them down a little it seems to be fine,Anyone else finding the same things
 
Agreed Les, default fan setting way too noisy. It was louder but temp lower than on my 8000 when I compared settings
 
Agreed Les, default fan setting way too noisy. It was louder but temp lower than on my 8000 when I compared settings
Whats the comparison against the ET 8000 at this present time Bangord30
 
I find myself a new owner of the ET 8000 as well as the ET 8500,One shall have to compare notes :lol3:
 
Had a reply back from the ATV crew, there not sure what's causing our issue, will update you as soon as I know any more 👍
 
ahh the boys at the club:D you did notice the dates of original posts and with many many many updates from hades:smash:
 
dangerousmouse; there not sure what's causing our issue, will update you as soon as I know any more 👍
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top