Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno4KSE] Live TV not displaying on front lcd panel , openvix 5.2.025

deckymckeown

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
241
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Can’t seem to get live tv to appear on lcd front panel on this receiver using vix 5.2.025

Have enabled clone tv to lcd setting in front panel settings, still the same.

I had previously been displaying full picon via lcd skin number 5 from downloads . Even I revert the lcd skin setting back to default and keep clone tv to lcd setting on , it still doesn’t display live tv on the lcd

Any ideas?

*using Youvix purple skin btw*
 
Can anyone replicate this issue on Vu Uno 4k SE, using openvix 5.2.025, or confirm that they do in fact have live tv working on front lcd panel with this receiver and image?

Was reading about lcd4linux plugin, it seems to refer to Vu duo 2 so not sure if it would help me get the live tv on front display. I looked at screenshots of this plugin and it also looks very complicated. Don’t want to try it in case it’s not compatible with this receiver and not sure if it will even resolve my issue anyway?

Basically I was hoping to switch between full picon and live tv on the front lcd panel when required. There is an option from within the front display options on the receiver and given the spec of the receiver I would therefore imagine it’s possible?

I presume that possibly me installing the lcd display option 5 (full picon) from plugins has possibly broken this function for me.

Don’t really want to go down the complete install from scratch route again if it’s not gonna solve the problem either. And yes I know I can always create a back up too.

So can anyone confirm that they have live tv showing on front lcd panel on this receiver using openvix 5.2.025 image . And youvix purple skin if that helps

Thank you
 
Thanks Sicilian, that saved me a lot of tearing my hair out and wrecking my brain trying to figure out if it was my setup

Hopefully a fix in future releases :thumbsup:
 
Hi guys...

I activated pip today on my vu uno 4k purely by accident and noticed that live tv then began to show on the lcd panel when I changed channel.

Suppose not quite the same as being able to enable live tv on lcd panel from the menu but does work in this way for those who prefer to live tv on the lcd panel as opposed to a skin displaying picon etc

Hopefully full features for selecting live tv on front panel can be resolved though with future releases
 
If I'm honest I've never understood the point of having live tv on such a small LCD front panel. Surely no one actually tries to watch a channel on the LCD?
 
Hi,
as far as I remember VU changed the driver and live TV on LCD was removed when they added the PiP on LCD in their driver. Same discussion was on OpenPLi in the last 2 weeks or so.

ciao
 
Hi,
I think not the same way as before. Changes were made in April 2018:

" - Changed MiniTV function(uno4kse, ultimo4k) : If miniTV is enabled, PiP is displayed in LCD."

ciao
 
Hi,
I think not the same way as before. Changes were made in April 2018:

" - Changed MiniTV function(uno4kse, ultimo4k) : If miniTV is enabled, PiP is displayed in LCD."

ciao
..... I agree with Sicilian on this .... the Giga4K has 7 different display modes for the LCD (TV, OSD, OSD+pip etc etc) , and I cannot say I haven't ever used any of them- apart from checking they work!
 
If I'm honest I've never understood the point of having live tv on such a small LCD front panel. Surely no one actually tries to watch a channel on the LCD?

Lol yes def no chance I would try to watch it on the lcd display, think it just looks good, although a bit distracting. Some of my channels don’t have picons (some iptv channels) so I find it good to switch it on for those just
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top