Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

looking for a new receiver

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dave_S
  • Start date Start date
D

Dave_S

Guest
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and would like some advice from you pro's. I've been out of the satellite scene for quite a few years, my current box is a TM CI1500+ lol...yes i've been away that long. Just getting my 1m dish set up again with a DiSEqC motor. I'm in the market for a new receiver for obvious reasons but haven't got a clue where to start. I do quite like the spec on the Vu+ solo box from the site sponsor, the worry i've got though is as the newer solo+ 2 boxes are now available will the older Solo+ boxes soon be obsolete?, £300 is quite a bit more than i'm looking to spend at the moment, but £179 would be ok. I haven't got a clue nowdays as to what firmware is preferable (as I notice WoS can flash different ones when I buy the box), so any tips and help on this would be a bonus too.Sorry to be a N00b all over again lol

Cheers guys

Dave
 
If your ok with a single tuner I can totally recommend Maxdigital xp1000 from sponsor with vix image, £134 with a £5off voucher code. Its fantastic for the price
 
Solo and sllo2 are two different beasts ones twin tuner and more oomph the other is a single.

What else you need the box to do - on-demand plugin?

As for firmware imho only one choice VIX but best to try them all and settle on the best.
 
Thanks guys, single tuner is fine. As for what else i need it to do...well tbh, not sure as i said i've been out the game for a long time so not sure what they can do these days lol...Just a good general all rounder that isn't going to be obsolete in the next 12 months. I think i need to study a lot more to what these boxes can do. Thanks for the tip on the Vix firmware :)

Cheers

Dave
 
Your not going to find a box that will not be obsolete in 12 months! but if you stick to the VU or simialar make you should be fine as image support will carry on
 
lol..cheers for that, supposed I should have guessed that really...same as anything electronic nowdays. Thanks again for your answer

Dave
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top