Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

M2TS playback improvements?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cougar
  • Start date Start date
C

Cougar

Guest
Are we likely to see M2TS file support on the VU boxes in the near future?
I have loads of HD camcorder footage which I can't currently play.
Someome suggested that I change the file extension to 'ts' but this doesn't work as the picture stutters and pixelates.
 
Iam using vti 2.2 and have no problems playing .ts files at all , its not just as simple as changing the file ext from .m2ts - ts that simply aint gonna work what youll need to do is convert it from .m2ts - .ts and need to a program called " tsmuxer " which can be googled and this will do the job as i use it to convert full bluray .m2ts files to .ts files and then watch happily on me vu hdd , and a simple program to use aswell
 
I have no problem playing true 'ts' files, it's m2ts files I am having problems with. Conversion is really time consuming, and wondered if any future images will have support for m2ts files.
 
I have no problem playing true 'ts' files, it's m2ts files I am having problems with. Conversion is really time consuming, and wondered if any future images will have support for m2ts files.

afaik, tsmuxer doesn't convert files. It's just re-muxes them. Files I've worked on with it have managed to remux in about 1-2 minutes (1.5-2gb files). Never tried for m2ts files, but wouldn't think they'd be any longer to work with, just dependant on the file size really and processor...

Give it a go with one of the files and see how long it takes:

Code:
http://www.smlabs.net/tsmuxer_en.html
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top