Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Venton Unibox HDx] Menu button not working?!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Adeingolf
  • Start date Start date
Phew thanks for this - my ok button has stopped working now too!

Any chance of a link to driver, I can't find them

( and where to FTP them please).

I've managed to get the menu and ok buttons to work by ftp'ing the attached file to lib/module/3.6.0/extras. Set the permissions to 755. Also rember to rename the dvb file that is in the or back it up and delete it.

My box has been stable for the past two hours apart from a crash when running autobouqet.

Cheers

Tommy
 

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
I've managed to get the menu and ok buttons to work by ftp'ing the attached file to lib/module/3.6.0/extras. Set the permissions to 755. Also rember to rename the dvb file that is in the or back it up and delete it.

My box has been stable for the past two hours apart from a crash when running autobouqet.

Cheers

Tommy


BAD idea to be messing around with drivers without knowing what your doing, I know some one who has killed his receiver this very morning using the same files as you are posting here, leave it to the manufacturer's to release a proper fix or risk damaging peoples receivers.
 
I think your rite phenoix best not mess with settings by using ftp if you like me and wouldn't be comfortable and confident doing so
im still on zeus and the remote has started doing this with me after using ts media yesterday! was going to flash to the new helios today before this started happening , do you think its still worth me flashing phenoix ?? also how long dose it normaly take for a fix like this to do for the drivers just out of curiosity thanks
 
If you'r receiver is working then i'd say dont update for the time-being until we can be sure the drivers have been sorted, I'm not sure how long that will take though as i dont have a affected receiver so dont tend to follow their progress as closely as say a manufacturer that i do have a box from.
 
my box is working but some times the remote ok and menu buttons don't respond just like everyone else on this thread, I havnt done any updates or anything? im just wondering why its doing it on zeus as its been working fine up until yesterday im bit puzzled with that one :confused:
 
I've been in contact with the driver dev's, they are aware of this issue and will be fixed very soon.


Sorry, I had no intention of bricking anyone's box and surely as long as you dint mess with the boot loader you will always be able to restore. I was just posting what worked for me. I extract the dvb from the version of vix I had on the box before, 789 I believe.

Once again, appoliges for my previous post.
 
good news Sicilian, a daft question but when the drivers have been updated how do they get installed into the box? will they be put up as a update on the image update feed and I just update the image as normal or is it another way to get the new drivers into the box?
 
I've managed to get the menu and ok buttons to work by ftp'ing the attached file to lib/module/3.6.0/extras. Set the permissions to 755. Also rember to rename the dvb file that is in the or back it up and delete it.

My box has been stable for the past two hours apart from a crash when running autobouqet.

Cheers

Tommy

Thanks Tommy,

I've done similar with the file and advice from Boxfreak (again thanks to you). They are drivers from Venton forum, so hopefully won't cause any issues until updated ones appear.

I couldn't stand the wife moaning about having to wait for channels to change after being selected!!!
 
good news Sicilian, a daft question but when the drivers have been updated how do they get installed into the box? will they be put up as a update on the image update feed and I just update the image as normal or is it another way to get the new drivers into the box?

They will be included in a online update when we have them, we will make a announcement as and when that happens.
 
Sorry, I had no intention of bricking anyone's box and surely as long as you dint mess with the boot loader you will always be able to restore. I was just posting what worked for me. I extract the dvb from the version of vix I had on the box before, 789 I believe.

Once again, appoliges for my previous post.


Two easiest way of killing a receiver is a bad bootloader and botching the drivers, I'm not scaremongering here as we have our selves bricked a number of boxes from various manufacturers when testing new drivers, so best leave it be till a proper solution is released by the manufacturers.
 
Hi phenoix I have received a email from venton today with the new driver attached to it only thing it tells me to install using ftp trouble is I don't want to be messing with things like that in case something gos wrong with the box so my question is will this driver be put into the new Helios update soon so it be no need for me chancing braking my box
 
Last edited by a moderator:
if venton sent you them, then they will or should be ok, any new drivers will be included in the OE-A GIT as and when we receive them.
 
Thanks a lot was looking and trying yesteday but never had old enough images to extract for my miraclebox twin premium is now sorted till the official fix no crashes and ABM was tested and fine full image backup done also this would always 100% lock the box up but fine now also :zoom:
I've managed to get the menu and ok buttons to work by ftp'ing the attached file to lib/module/3.6.0/extras. Set the permissions to 755. Also rember to rename the dvb file that is in the or back it up and delete it.

My box has been stable for the past two hours apart from a crash when running autobouqet.

Cheers

Tommy
 
I have just ftp the driver file venton sent to me this morning, it seems to done the trick
I was going to update to Helios over last weekend but this problem araised with the drivers'
Will it be best for me to stay on Zeus until the fix for the drivers have been done for Helios?
Although my box seems OK now with the driver vent on sent?
 
hi beck any chance you could provide these new drivers?
 
Hi safwaan sorry I don't know how to attach files on to a post and not sure if I should be
But I can give you the email address I mailed to get the drivers they was supper quick getting back to me with the driver file and instructions on how to ftp them in to the box
If you have any trouble private message me
This where I mailed for the driver
[email protected]
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top