Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8x00] merging channels

jdauthre

New member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have an Xtrend 8500 with satellite and terrestrial tuners, is there a way to merge channels so if i need to use say a terrestrial channel to record if the satellite tuners are all in action it can do this automatically rather than have to access it seperately in the EPG. It may be there somewhere but I can't find it!

Thanks in advance
 
If you want to have your recordings use one tuner then go to tuner config settings and set preferred tuner for recording. This may not be the answer for you but it’s an option.
 
Last edited:
Thanks but I can do it manually ok, but want it automatic, there is an option "alternatives" on openwebif but it says its not yet implemented
 
Alternatives are enabled in image. It was designed for the issue you have encountered/mentioned.
 
Sorry about the long gap, can someone explain how to merge dvbs and terrestrial channels without going tediously through every one using alternates
 
Press down for channel selection screen highlight a channel then red button for all you'll see all versions of the channel you have highlighted. This is what I do for recording and watching sat or cable.
 
Thanks but what I want is for it to AUTOMATICALLY swap tuners when the tuner(s) are busy (terrestrial to satellite or vice versa), the only way I know is to set them up as alternates, but you have to do this channel by channel which is very tedious, so is there a quicker way? many other pvrs do this easily eg Nextpvr, mediaportal and (cough cough) Windows MediaCenter
 
A satellite service is only available on satellite tuners. Unless you set alternatives, it won't be possible.
 
Thanks, I was looking for a way to set alternatives 'on block' rather than individually. Where do I post suggestions for development?
 
There is no way to do it because everyone will have different services.

The only way round it i snot to set your timers on specific services. BBC one on satellite is not the same service as BBC one on terrestrial.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top