Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Merlin music player

danped

Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2011
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Hi,

I had merlin music player installed for a few years on my vu duo 4k box. It was initially installed on an earlier version of openvix and after several openvix upgrades it worked fine on 6.2.X. I upgraded to 6.3 and lost the plugin on update. I can't get it any longer via plugins so tried a few times to install this manually building the ipk or just unpacking the files but with no luck. This is where I got the latest file: https://github.com/Belfagor2005/MerlinMusicPlayer

I posted more detail on this thread:
https://vuplus-images.co.uk/index.php?threads/merlin-music-player-replacement.34883/

I have another vu solo2 box where I have installed openatv and Merlin is a plugin on there and it works fine. I'm sure it is a minor bug causing the issue on openvix and didn't want to have to swap image. Is there some obvious way of fixing this?

Thanks,
Dan
 
Sometimes plugins are not supported and the maker has lagged on the updates so they dont appear on new images
 
Hi,

I had merlin music player installed for a few years on my vu duo 4k box. It was initially installed on an earlier version of openvix and after several openvix upgrades it worked fine on 6.2.X. I upgraded to 6.3 and lost the plugin on update. I can't get it any longer via plugins so tried a few times to install this manually building the ipk or just unpacking the files but with no luck. This is where I got the latest file: https://github.com/Belfagor2005/MerlinMusicPlayer

I posted more detail on this thread:
https://vuplus-images.co.uk/index.php?threads/merlin-music-player-replacement.34883/

I have another vu solo2 box where I have installed openatv and Merlin is a plugin on there and it works fine. I'm sure it is a minor bug causing the issue on openvix and didn't want to have to swap image. Is there some obvious way of fixing this?

Thanks,
Dan
What release of atv are you running ?
 
I am running this one: openatv-7.2-vusolo2-20230402_usb.zip

Thanks cactikid - I get how it works, just wondering if I can get it going. I am sure it is a simple correction to a dependency to fix it.
 
What kind of music do you play with your music player? I have two options: a) MP3Browser b) WebradioFS. On MP3 Browser you can play your mp3 files. With webradioFS you can listen to webradio stations but also play your music files. Both were converted to run on python3 by twol and tested by myself.

This is the documentation I have written on webradioFS

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fq1IfBI7_NFRLPfrP5PML-ROfsz5z0USCTpaoa6SyK0/edit
I don't know whether both plugins meanwhile can be directly downloaded. If not and you would like to test them twol or myself can send you the github link.
 
I actually fixed it and rebuilt it. It was just missing an import os line of code in the plugin. So this worked on openATV but not on OpenVix.

Here is the rebuilt ipk which works on openVix in case it helps anyone else.

View attachment enigma2-plugin-extensions-merlinmusicplayer_7.0_all.ipk

Many thanks for the alternative suggestion I will check that out. If it has playlist features I'll definitely be intereste in using it.
 
MP3Browser has a Favorite List and you can filter your music by category or by artist. Furthermore it searches for lyrics to your songs.
 
Just to tag onto this thread without opening a new thread i think i had a Music App tunein ? where i was able to listen to music stations from many places but dont see it now.
I dont have music stored as liked to search for a good source and lost contact with whats available now and looking for suggestions for OpenVix Cheers
 
Hi. I’d appreciate some help tweaking it so the text displays correctly on the receiver’s display, as the font is currently very small. (Vu+ Ultiomo 4K)

P/S and I encountered an issue when the screensaver activates; I have attached a report.
 

Attachments

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top