Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Motorised setup for second Quad

thats strange,
just as a test select 28.2e from your channel list and let the motor move to it. do you still get a high signal?

im at 53.

did you change long from east to west? if you had a - longtitude?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have Longitude set to East, is that not correct for my post code of NR32?
 
Try using the positioner settings instead of usals until you get your dish aligned.

Going by the postcode you posted your latitude is 52.5, the formula I used was 90- your latitude so 90-52.5 = 37.5. The dish declination should be set according to angle of your motor shaft, I'm not sure if all motors are the same but most likely they are, on mine the declination would work out at 6.8. So your dish elevation should be 37.5-6.8 = 30.7

Its cleared up here now and you inspired me to go out and align my own dish and replace that faulty Diseqc switch that should've been done months ago!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You said that you're getting a signal on the meter but not the receiver there are a few apps for android phones that you can use to check the signal on your box. Dreambox signal finder is one but there are others just search enigma2 in the play store.
 
Are you sure the piece that connects dish to motor is correctly fitted.

Not 100% certain, but shouldn't the arrow be pointing up too? Check dish manual if available.
 
Hi seame, 37.5 what does that relate to. The angle of the motor shaft is 35 pointing down from the centre of the motor. So how does that relate to the lat marking in the plate. And the dish elevation is that 30.7 from vertical when the motor angle is set?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
 
Are you sure the piece that connects dish to motor is correctly fitted.

Not 100% certain, but shouldn't the arrow be pointing up too? Check dish manual if available.

Hi Abu, there was no manual with the dish and the arrows didn't seem to line up with any marking on the plate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
 
37.5 is for your motor, not all of them come with latitude markings on them so the way to work out how to set the motor elevation is 90-your latitude.
 
But 37.5 is what angle. If you look at the pictures I have posted, if I put it to 37.5 according to the scale it looks far too pointed up. Also if I put usals back on so I can move the motor, I lose the signal meter on Sat Finder

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
 
37.5 is the motor elevation not the motor latitude. I can see from your pictures you have the latitude set up correctly so check your dish elevation is also correct, google the model of your motor to get a manual. If all motors use the same rule then your dish elevation should be 30.7 but again check this out as I'm unsure about different brands of motors.
 
I have a manual for the motor but not for the dish. If the motor looks fine the fish elevation is the one to adjust but I can only get s tone with the dish at about 7 deg from vertical? A several people have commented, this setup id a nightmare!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
 
afaik if you set it due south and then move to 0.8w and tweak from there to get a signal, the elevation must be correct when you get a signal?
 
If your getting a signal when the dish elevation is at 7deg only then Abu must be correct and that bracket is fitted incorrectly, assuming everything else is correct.

What dish do you have?
 
I can't figure this out. Nothing I try seems to work. I beleive I have the dish pointing to 0.8w, the motor angle looks correct, there is a tone on the meter but nothing seems to tune in apart from the odd satellite. May have to give up and call an installer in.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
 
the motor bracket looks fine to me just checked mine.

but ye i reckon the arrow on the dish bracket should be pointing up
 
If you know the name of the dish just google it and you should find installation instructions.
 
Guys thanks for you help but I've given up for the day. Just have to write up some notes and annotate some pics to see if I can get to the answer. I'll check on the net for a manual for the dish.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
In the motor manual for LAT 52deg it gives an Elevation of 38deg Declination of 7.5Deg and Dish Bracket angle of 27.5deg. Are these angles relative to vertical? If I was to leave the motor on the 52LAT point and put the dish at 27Deg to the vertical the dish is practically hitting the top of the motor? Surely that can't be right.

Once you set the motor to your latitude, lock it up. Forget that adjustment, it must be that for your motor to function correctly, do not adjust it again. Your two variables are now moving the whole assemply left/right or moving dish up/down. If you can see the dish markings, you should start off at 22.5 degrees for your location.

I am still of the view that the arrow nearest the shaft needs to point up. To me it seems that it is an indicator of the way up. Hopefully one of the professional installers who can recognise the dish can confirm.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top