Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

MountAgain as a cronjob?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sjaddy
  • Start date Start date
S

sjaddy

Guest
Hi all - just wondering if someone could help. I have a VU+ Duo and use the media player a lot to stream from my NAS box. The problem I have is that my NAS box turns off at certain times of the day.

When it has come back on and I want to view the mount points within Media PLayer I have to go through the whole Network setup and mount again. This then has the mount points back for me.

I was wondering what the command line would be to allow me to add it as a cron job so I can say at 15:05 each day (for example) run the mount again command.

Thanks for looking and hopefully thanks for giving me the answer.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
normally you would use mount-a

what image are you using

just to add the upcomming VIX 2.3 will have a automount interval built into image so you just set time and it will do a remount after x amount of time

add this to crontab

05 15 * * * root mount -a
 
This has been added as a feature in 2.3.

Your not using a readynas by any chance?

You don't need to go through the whole process of remount the NAS, just go into mount manager and click on the NAS and it will than remount it - will say mount name or something to that effect exists but just click OK and it will be remounted, much quicker than the remount process and adding user name and password etc.
 
thanks for the responses. I am using vix 2.2 and i have a synology box.

At the moment I can just go through and mountagain without using the username and password but the missus has difficulty following that method and I don't want to leave the NAS on 24/7 just to make it easier for her :sofahide:
 
Thats my regret in buying the Readynas as WOL would have been brilliant and you would think they would implement it on something like NAS in that price bracket.
 
I agree WOL would have been great. Unfortunately I went for the 201J synology which supports schedules but not WOL :(

Have tried the crontab job but it doesn't seem to work.

If I run mount -a from the telnet prompt I get

Couldn't chdir to /media/net/TV: No such file or directory
Couldn't chdir to /media/net/Films: No such file or directory

Even though I now the NAS is now on. When I go through the steps to mount again via the remote it works fine or if I reboot the box it boots fine. Guess I will just have to leave it at the moment until 2.3 comes out.
 
have you manually created folders in media/net/ called

TV
Films
 
normally, to remount, you need to unmount first...

So, I would suggest issuing a "umount -a" then a "mount -a"...
 
to coinside with what pooface said change yr cronjob and add this to crontab

Code:
05 15 * * * root umount -a
05 15 * * * root mount -a

that will unmount and remount daily at 03.15pm
 
to coinside with what pooface said change yr cronjob and add this to crontab

Code:
05 15 * * * root umount -a
05 15 * * * root mount -a

that will unmount and remount daily at 03.15pm

thanks everyone for the help. It still isn't working though. Think I will wait till 2.3 comes out.

The interesting thing is though if the drives are mapped and I run the umount it unmounts them, if i then run the mount command it mounts them correctly. If the drives are already unmounted though it wont run the mount command :confused:
 
On a similiar issue. I have a netpc with 3tb storage that I use for movies etc.
I have an app on my phone with WOL to wake it up.
Ideally it would be nice to wake up pc and run mount again when I press the location button in recordings or at least to have to have a cron job that I could run or even program an un-used button on the remote to run the script.
I can run the wol and mount again but as sjaddy says others indoors dont grasp what to do to connect to the remote storage.

Anyone ?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top