Yes, the issue is that all text based messages that uses icons (number icons) are too big. Same for the icon for the movie list progress bar.
So if there are problems (i.e. something no longer works) why don't you fix it and push the changes?I feel your pain relaxibus. A skin that one likes is a very personal thing and the smallest thing that you don't like in a particular skin can drive you nuts and make you turn away from it. For me I found that VixBMC confluence was the one I was being drawn to time and time again and this skin is sadly one of those older skins that has fallen a bit to the wayside and has some bugs. I just can't bring myself to go away from it so I stick with it (despite some of its minor faults) as this is the one for me. I get that some of these skins are not maintained anymore and that is a sad fact of life in this type of environment (as the original developers have moved on and are not maintaining them all). I hope and pray that my chosen skin will not get any more buggy and will continue to give me mostly what I want. I only wish I was technically competent enough to give it an overhaul but sadly I am not and must rely on the goodness of others
Once you like a skin you like it and that is the way the brain works and nothing anyone else says can change that until it becomes totally unusable I guess![]()
Yes, it looks nice, however too much colors for my taste. I like it more "ugly plain and elegant" ;-) As you rightly said, taste is very personal. That why I say with the vix-night-hd. I like the menu, the EPG grid, the infobar giving only the data you daily need, the system messages, I like all from this skin. A shame that vix-night-1080 doesn't work :-(
But, hey, I got vix-night-hd working with the icons, colors, etc I like. Just the infobar when playing a movie have a bug. The purple progress bar seems to large and doesn't respect the actual movie length played. On the LCD display it shows correctly.
I don't know why but I found that if you edit the /usr/share/enigma2/ViX-Common/CommonSkin.xml with Notepad ++ and comment out (block comment) the whole MoviePlayer screen it fixes the progress bar bug.
Lines 163 to 216. I don't know if it breaks anything elseYou need to restart GUI after editing.