Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Mutant hd2400 tuner fail.?

cueman

New member
Joined
Apr 29, 2013
Messages
29
Reaction score
1
Points
3
Hi, had this box for about 2/3 weeks (2 x sat tuners & 2 x cable tuners) VIX. Both sat tuners are working fine recording, viewing etc.. But the cable tuners are problematic. I`m not 100% sure but I think both cable tuners were working when I bought the box, but now i seem to have lost tuner D (cable). I have 2 x sat feeds - from dish Tuner A&B, and have connected the incoming VM cable to top of tuner C, then i looped from bottom of C to top of tuner D. Now when i record on VM & switch channels all (cable) channels are TUNE FAILED. I have removed the loop and tried Tuner C and all ok, then connected (direct) to Tuner D and nothing but TUNE FAILED again. I left D connected and re-scanned for channels found 560 odd. But still no joy, have also run auto bouquets maker, no joy. I am using a provider who allows x2 connections. I`m no expert but I think this Tuner D has bit the dust . Any idea`s please anyone. Thanks.
 
Hi, had this box for about 2/3 weeks (2 x sat tuners & 2 x cable tuners) VIX. Both sat tuners are working fine recording, viewing etc.. But the cable tuners are problematic. I`m not 100% sure but I think both cable tuners were working when I bought the box, but now i seem to have lost tuner D (cable). I have 2 x sat feeds - from dish Tuner A&B, and have connected the incoming VM cable to top of tuner C, then i looped from bottom of C to top of tuner D. Now when i record on VM & switch channels all (cable) channels are TUNE FAILED. I have removed the loop and tried Tuner C and all ok, then connected (direct) to Tuner D and nothing but TUNE FAILED again. I left D connected and re-scanned for channels found 560 odd. But still no joy, have also run auto bouquets maker, no joy. I am using a provider who allows x2 connections. I`m no expert but I think this Tuner D has bit the dust . Any idea`s please anyone. Thanks.
I`m not sure if this Mutant is similar to Xtrend ET10000, but ET10000 manual has the warning:
WARNING: DO NOT USE FOLLOWING COMBINATION:
Tuner 1 : any tuner
Tuner 2 : any tuner
Tuner 3 : DVB-C
Tuner 4 : DVB-C
My ET10000 has 4xC/T2 tuners working fine.
 
Last edited:
I`m not sure if this Mutant is similar to Xtrend ET10000, but ET10000 manual has the warning:
WARNING: DO NOT USE FOLLOWING COMBINATION:
Tuner 1 : any tuner
Tuner 2 : any tuner
Tuner 3 : DVB-C
Tuner 4 : DVB-C
My ET10000 has 4xC/T2 tuners working fine.

Hi tappari. Box was bought from WOS and arrived with fitted tuners set up exactly as you say. Is there a reason your box is not to be set up as you say? I`m pretty sure I have set up Tuners C&D correctly, D (cable) is NOT working so it must be Kaput. Only had box 2/3 weeks and paid £400 so bit gutted. Any one help please?
 
Just had 2 tuners fail on my Mut@nt HD 2400, maybe faulty batch of tuners?.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Just had 2 tuners fail on my Mut@nt HD 2400, maybe faulty batch of tuners?.

Hope not!..
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sent email to WOS and am currently trying somat advised. Thanks for replys, I`ll post back later.
 
I have 4 DVB-C/T2 tuners fitted to my Mut@nt and they are working perfect but, tappari has a point about the tuner configuration have you tried Removing the tuners and trying them in a different slot
 
I have 4 DVB-C/T2 tuners fitted to my Mut@nt and they are working perfect but, tappari has a point about the tuner configuration have you tried Removing the tuners and trying them in a different slot

Hi nsw, As said earlier had contacted WOS and yes they advised swapping tuners..................Please test as follows: -

1) Power off.
2) Remove lid.
3) Move both satellite tuners to slots C & D.
4) Fit both Hybrid tuners to slots A & B.
5) Connect main feed to A.
6) Connect a HIGH QAULITY loop cable out from A to in of B.

Have done exactly and all seems to now be well. Can someone explain why THIS should NOT be done???--- WARNING: DO NOT USE FOLLOWING COMBINATION:
Tuner 1 : any tuner
Tuner 2 : any tuner
Tuner 3 : DVB-C
Tuner 4 : DVB-C
If this is true I`m surprised the box was sent to me configured that way. Still checking out box but does at moment seem fine , Thanks to all replys
 
Have done exactly and all seems to now be well. Can someone explain why THIS should NOT be done???--- WARNING: DO NOT USE FOLLOWING COMBINATION:
Tuner 1 : any tuner
Tuner 2 : any tuner
Tuner 3 : DVB-C
Tuner 4 : DVB-C
If this is true I`m surprised the box was sent to me configured that way. Still checking out box but does at moment seem fine , Thanks to all replys

That has nothing to do with your receiver, it refers to the Xtrend 1000 so its not some thing you should worry about.
 
I think that their was a problem with early drivers for the Mut@nt (might be fixed now)as tuner 4 had a problem and manufacturers sometimes have a disclaimer to cover them
when i first got my Mut@nt i noticed that if i removed the loop cable from tuner 4 i received no signal, even though i had 2 feed cables, one feeding tuner 1 and looped to tuner 2 and a second feed to tuner 3 looped to tuner 4 :confused: for some reason tuner 4 had to have a cable feeding it or i could not get a picture, so i physically unplugged and removed tuner 4 and i could plug the feed cable in to any of the remaining 3 tuners and get a picture, but as soon as i replaced tuner 4 i could not get a signal until i connected tuner 4 again so now i just have 1 cable feeding tuner 1 and looped through the tuners to tuner 4 and every thing is fine :rolleyes: very strange but working perfect
 
I think that their was a problem with early drivers for the Mut@nt (might be fixed now)as tuner 4 had a problem and manufacturers sometimes have a disclaimer to cover them
when i first got my Mut@nt i noticed that if i removed the loop cable from tuner 4 i received no signal, even though i had 2 feed cables, one feeding tuner 1 and looped to tuner 2 and a second feed to tuner 3 looped to tuner 4 :confused: for some reason tuner 4 had to have a cable feeding it or i could not get a picture, so i physically unplugged and removed tuner 4 and i could plug the feed cable in to any of the remaining 3 tuners and get a picture, but as soon as i replaced tuner 4 i could not get a signal until i connected tuner 4 again so now i just have 1 cable feeding tuner 1 and looped through the tuners to tuner 4 and every thing is fine :rolleyes: very strange but working perfect

Thanks nsw, I now have Cable feed into top Tuner A then looped to top tuner B (from bottom Tune A). And can record on A and switch channels on Tuner B. C & D are sats and all seems well. :p Hopefully will stay that way. :thumbsup: Thanks all, appreciated.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top