Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VU+ DUO 4KSE 2x DVB-C/T2 Tuners - but one not working

If he disable the second card, he will only be able record two multiplexes. We know this works without a problem. The system limits him to two multiplexes from what I can recall. He should get no free tuner message if he tries a third multiplex.

The problem manifest itself when both tuners are enable and he tries to use a third multiplex. I think it is looking for tuner 9 instead of tuner 3.

Anyway, let's see what his logs say.
 
Similar test done (3 mux recs and 1 mux watched) but with Debug+ Logs.
No spinners, no problems.

The only difference is the log type setting.
Whatever is going on?

I'll try the same debug tests again, but without the +.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
ffffffff = -1. Means no transport stream id available. I guess maybe this is a driver problem. None of us have hardware to check this except maybe Stef.
 
Thanks guys.

I'm happy to help by providing more testing and debug files, if required. Coding is beyond me though - I was more into analog design.

Cheers.
 
Please post a photo of the rear of your box with the cables inserted.
 
Not brilliant quality, sorry.

The Vu+Duo4kSE was new, end of March 2025, from WOS.
 

Attachments

  • 20250617_170622.webp
    20250617_170622.webp
    62 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Similar test done (3 mux recs and 1 mux watched) but with Debug+ Logs.
No spinners, no problems.

The only difference is the log type setting.
Whatever is going on?

I'll try the same debug tests again, but without the +.
So using 4 muxes in total? 3 recording and another being watched?
 
If I’m understanding correctly that would require the use of all four of the tuners that are in your receiver, so they must all be working. Or have I misunderstood something?
 
Correct. All working sometimes, but most times the machine locks up with spinners, and becomes very unresponsive requiring a full cold boot. Also, when in this state, attempting to view the tuners using Signal Finder, only tuners A&B respond. C&D are blank and trying to causes further, deeper lockups.
 
Have you had the signal from your aerial checked? Too high a signal could cause issues too. You may need to test using an attenuator connected to each tuner if you have high signal.

Did I read somewhere your feeds are connected to a booster?

If so can you test by passing that and just use a splitter from a feed direct to antenna?
 
Feed is via a splitter amplifier with 4dB gain (Proception proAMP104X). Once my current recordings have ended, I'll check the signal finder numbers and post them.

Not sure if I'll be able to try feeding from just a splitter as I don't have one. I'll try to borrow one.

The signal here is a bit marginal as the nearest transmitter is about 20 miles away with a few hills in the way. From Sandy Heath to a village east of Cambridge.

PS. Just looked up from writing this and saw the spinners... 3 tuners in use. Will have to investigate later as SWMBO has arrived downstairs.
 
Last edited:
No idea if this is relevant, but here goes.

Signal Finder Bargraph numbers:
Tuner A SNR 89%, AGC 99%
Numbers below bargraphs
SNR 25.9dB, BER 0

Tuner B SNR 89%, AGC 99%
SNR 25.9dB, AGC 99%, BER 0

Tuner C SNR 85%, AGC 99%
SNR 24.7dB, AGC 99%, BER 0

Tuner D SNR 85%, AGC 99%
SNR 24.7dB, AGC 99% BER 0

Cheers.
 
Now do the same test with recordings running on tuners A and B.
 
Have you had the signal from your aerial checked? Too high a signal could cause issues too. You may need to test using an attenuator connected to each tuner if you have high signal.

Did I read somewhere your feeds are connected to a booster?

If so can you test by passing that and just use a splitter from a feed direct to antenna?
Just realised that I had fitted a passive inline LTE filter with -4dB insertion loss, or to the active splitter/ booster, so in theory the gain and loss should cancel out to unity gain.
 
Last edited:
If I was testing this unit I would do as follows:

1) USB Re-flash OpenViX, guide here: https://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides and Tutorials/Flashing Guides/VU+ USB Flashing Guides/How to flash a VU+ Duo 4k.pdf
Openvix images here: https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/vu-plus-images/vu-duo-4k-se/

2) Connect the receiver direct to aerial feed avoiding the booster.

3) Setup the receiver completely new with minimal setup. Do not restore ANY backup settings. So just setup the tuners and scan with Autobouqeutsmaker. Ensure each tuner is set to DVB-T/T2 and United kingdom.
AutobouquetsMaker guide:

4) Once complete setup re-initialise the HDD. Menu > Setup > Storage devices > Select your HDD and initialise it. You'll loose all recordings.

5) Do not turn on timeshift.

6) Test recording across 3 muxes and watch a 4th. 1 channel per mux so all 4 tuners are being used.

Do not setup anykind of EPG importers as EPG is populated automatically from the Terrestrial broadcast.
 
All the above done. Problem now worse as tuner 2 (C and D) now too unreliable to use at all, so are disabled except for testing purposes.
Signal levels typically now:
SNR 57%
AGC 48%

Question: Will the warranty be void if I remove the top panel to check whether tuner 2 card is properly seated in the motherboard?
I have an antistatic work area to use for this.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top