Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] N/a in bouquet list

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bradleybear
  • Start date Start date
What you suggested is a complicated way and mix up of other suggestions; that's why I call it a mess.
And as you say: this is a general E2 issue, that sometimes pops up.

And where did you put the satellites.xml?
 
satellite.xml needs to be replaced with the latest downloaded version.
If there's a less messy way of doing it than I'm all ears, but there has been no other sergestion that has worked and people are getting stressed about there system not working correctly and blaming ABM and updates.

I've tried all different combination of this and nothing works if you just replace .xml or just rescan satellites you go round in circles on your next reboot
If there's a more geeky way than I'm all ears but untill then I will stick with the messy way.
 
Also, can someone elaborate on what they mean by settings? Are we referrning to the channel settings on the feeds or are we referring to restoring settings that were created prior to image upload.

Don't mean to stir, just to point out a possible cause of misunderstanding.
 
satellite.xml needs to be replaced with the latest downloaded version.
No.
The satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox is a systemfile and is kept up to date by us (via an online image update). A systemfile should never be touched.
If you use ABM no user file satellites.xml (in etc/enigma2) is needed at all.
 
Think I said about settings twice in the post. First half I said about if you restore your old backup of you settings (system restore) it will just put the bug back. At the end of the post I said you may have to re enter your tuner settings so you may want to right them down,
Because as above a system restore will bring back the bug..

Do a system backup

Delete satellite.xml

Delete all satellites within bouquets ( up or down button then green button)

Reboot system


Replace satellite.xml with the latest downloaded version

Rescan satellites

Check you settings within tuner configuration


Do a system backup



I think the problem is that on boot all setting are backed up then if you update .xml ect on a flash update or manuel update then a reboot will revert back to the everything that was backed up on the last boot.
I may be wrong.
 
So I ask again: where do you locate the satellites.xml.
And it's not clear to me if you read (and understood) my comment.

What you do is nothing else then what is done by a settings upload (if done properly). So not sure what bug you're talking about ......
 
I feel this is being made more complicated than it really is...

location for satellite.xml is ect/tux box

When I said bug I was referring to the problem highlighted in this posts tittle.

Please every one do nothing I've said i totally give up. All i tried to do was give some help to a problem that nobody had a solution to..

I really do think I'm hitting my head against a wall. Please let us all know the way to fix this then Rob the Un messy way..
 
location for satellite.xml is ect/tux box
This is exactly what I was afraid for. So again:
1- there is a satelites.xml in etc/tuxbox; this is a systemfile that should never be touched. And if you do: it will be overwritten again on any next systemupdate.
2- there can be a satellites.xml in etc/enigma2. If that file exists it has precedence over the above mentioned system-file. This is a user-file, and it will never be overwritten. So if you feel the need for the use of such a file, locate it there.

Next: the satellites.xml is only being used for scanning, not for tuning. So whatever tuning problem you might encounter, it can never be related to satellites.xml. Tuning uses the info that is in the lamedb.

Next: If you only use ABM, you don't need anything else. ABM reads all the needed info from just one transponder.
 
.....
When I said bug I was referring to the problem highlighted in this posts tittle.
Please every one do nothing I've said i totally give up. All i tried to do was give some help to a problem that nobody had a solution to..

There is a problem. Not everyone is experiencing it. That does not mean it does not exist. Keep calm and hopefully it will be resolved. If it is indeed a bug, it will affect others too. Avoiding it is not a solution. Nor is giving up. Keep your chin up.

Nobody has posted logs of this happening. Unless one of the coders/testers experiences this or can recreate it, then they depend on the logs. You can send logs via remote now.
 
I've had this issue many times...
Never got a fix.

Using ABM and getEPG with ABM set to skyie HD the most common one for it to happen to is 141 (BBC1).

Zapping to the channel, zapping to another and then back to it cures it.

Haven't worried about it too much as clients don't really mind. ASAIK it happens 99% of the time with FTA channels.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top