Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Nand gone band - gutted

  • Thread starter Thread starter c9550927
  • Start date Start date
C

c9550927

Guest
So my nand appears to have run out of spare blocks and so flashing it has killed the box. Its not completely dead as I see the serial output, but right when then main OS should be booting I see it fall over. Trying to flash shows an error writting with no free spare nand blocks.

Very surprised to be in this position but all nands come with bad blocks, thats what the spares are for. Its an original box bought a few years ago from WOS but the nand is not something you can easily replace. I might be able to get it off the board but sourcing another is proving to be difficult.

Has anyone replaced theirs before in a VU UNO?. Its painful becaues I know its only a chip that costs at most £10 and I'm going to have to spend hundreds in replacing it with another E2 box :(
 
to replace a single tuner uno wont cost you hundreds bud,
about £80 get you an original replacement from medialink, with possibly better specs, i cant remember what the uno comes with.
the vu zero or tm nano se all about £100
 
Have you contacted VU+ in the UK, they may be able to provide you with a reconditioned board for a reasonable price.
 
to replace a single tuner uno wont cost you hundreds bud,
about £80 get you an original replacement from medialink, with possibly better specs, i cant remember what the uno comes with.
the vu zero or tm nano se all about £100

Oh sorry misread your reply. I'm VERY open to suggestions as to a replacement you think thats as good. I used to stream over the lan from the UNO running openvix, worked really well. my DM500 temp box cant do that very well but its old and clunky (runs openpli) so I cant expect too much from it, thats why i upgraded ages ago to the uno.

I'm unsure if its E2 or openVix that made the uno works so well but please help a brother out with any suggestions you might have. I see the Ixxuss Zero is no longer for same on WOS, which is a shame as the last time i looked, it seemed perfect :(

Any suggestions (about a replacement) gratefully received

Have you contacted VU+ in the UK, they may be able to provide you with a reconditioned board for a reasonable price.


Didnt even know VU+ existed in the UK, thought it was only resellers like WOS?. Do you have contact details please?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You can try Commando 15d on your DM500.

If youa re looking at the £100 mark, teh TM Nano-Se and Vu Plus Zero are contendors.
 
I've just setup a Vu+ Zero I bought from WoS and what a cracking little box that is. Also the Technomate Nano-SE is another option. I prefer the Vu+ remote, that's why I went with the Vu+ Zero for a family member.
 
Without providing a direct link it is
vuplus co uk
(Fill in the dots).
 
Thats not a VU+ site, they sell non VU receivers too :)

Thanks anyway!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top