Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Mut@nt] HD51 Netis WF2123 WiFi dongle not working

peterthevicar

New member
Joined
Sep 12, 2017
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi there,

I've just bought a Mutant HD51 with OpenVIX (from World of Satellite) and a Netis WF2123 USB WiFi dongle. The box works fine with wired ethernet but not with the dongle. The dongle can see my router (WPA-PSK) but can't connect.

OpenVIX reports it as an rtl8192cu device and has automatically loaded the driver as expected.

I put the same dongle into my Linux box and it fails to connect there too. According to /var/log/syslog (on the Linux box) it authorises OK but then aborts:

authenticated
aborting authentication with <MAC> by local choice (Reason: 3=DEAUTH_LEAVING)

Does this mean the dongle is no good or are there other things to try?

TIA, Peter
 
Thanks for the suggestion but the driver seems to be installed (automatically when I restarted the box with the dongle in place). I've installed ALL the rtl drivers just in case but it makes no difference and the box tells me it thinks it's an rtl8192cu anyway.
Best wishes, Peter
 
The rtl8192cu driver is pre-installed, so no need to download.

I've got a dongle with the same rtl8192cu chipset, it used to work fine, but over the last year it has become more and more unusable.

It configures ok, but is now incredibly slow, I tried it out yesterday when testing out something else to see if anything had improved.
 
Thanks ccs, maybe I need to look elsewhere. This is the one WoS recommend though. Any idea which one's best?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top