Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Network Mount Bug?

Rahat786786

New member
Joined
Apr 8, 2012
Messages
369
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

Just updated to the new Vix image and can't seem to set up network mount.

I have installed Samba.

What happens is the network browser finds the drive (a external hdd connected to my router) and mounts it successfully. However, when I go to the recordings list, select locations and then click on the mounted drive it says something like autofs/... does not exist.

So it is mounting the drive but then saying the mount directory does not exist.

This was fully working in Hades, Zeus, Apollo and all other versions.

Any help please?
 
This post is not really going to help Rahat786786's issue, but it may be useful if the mount was actually tested before allowing you to save them.
 
If you have used a settings restore, there were two files that need to be replaced. Rob uploaded them as well as a telnet command by arrowna
 
Also, when mounting the green globe shows on the drive so I guess the link is active but for some reason it says doesnt exist when I click on it in locations.
 
Ok so any idea on how I can get this sorted. When I flash back to Hades it works..
 
What happens is the network browser finds the drive (a external hdd connected to my router) and mounts it successfully. However, when I go to the recordings list, select locations and then click on the mounted drive it says something like autofs/... does not exist.
FWIW, I've just tried this on my box and it all worked OK. So I can't help much as to what is going wrong.

I'm assuming that you configured it to use "AUTOFS (mount as needed)"

Login to the box and see whether automount is running:
Code:
root@mbtwin:/media# ps -ef | grep auto
root       [COLOR=#ff0000]447[/COLOR]     1  0 17:57 ?        00:00:00 automount
root       704   689  0 18:00 pts/0    00:00:00 grep auto
Assuming it is (if it isn't then that would be a problem), check that it has the right files open (you need the pid for the process - which is the first number on the ps line for automount):
Code:
root@mbtwin:/media# ls -l /proc/[COLOR=#ff0000]447[/COLOR]/fd
lrwx------    1 root     root            64 Sep 12 18:00 0 -> /dev/null
lrwx------    1 root     root            64 Sep 12 18:00 1 -> /dev/null
lr-x------    1 root     root            64 Sep 12 18:00 10 -> /media/autofs
lrwx------    1 root     root            64 Sep 12 18:00 2 -> /dev/null
lr-x------    1 root     root            64 Sep 12 18:00 3 -> /dev/autofs
lr-x------    1 root     root            64 Sep 12 18:00 4 -> pipe:[1598]
lrwx------    1 root     root            64 Sep 12 18:00 5 -> socket:[1814]
l-wx------    1 root     root            64 Sep 12 18:00 6 -> pipe:[1598]
lr-x------    1 root     root            64 Sep 12 18:00 7 -> pipe:[1599]
l-wx------    1 root     root            64 Sep 12 18:00 8 -> pipe:[1599]
lrwx------    1 root     root            64 Sep 12 18:00 9 -> /run/autofs.fifo-media-autofs
 
That thread goes over how to get samba running. Mine is already running.
...and is irrelevant to the problem at hand, as Samba is an SMB/CIFS server process and you have a problem with an NFS client process.
Rahat786786;373917 (cont.) said:
Also, birdman sorry I am a bit out of my depth here. Can you please explain in laymen terms?
Hmmm - I was trying to....

Q1 - do you know how/are you able to login to your box and get a command line prompt?
 
Thanks for your help, really appreciated.

I managed to fix the problem. I did a reflash of router firmware and mounted the drive and it worked!
 
Hmm, does seem like a bug afterall.

I just upgraded today to a ASUS AC3200 router and connected my storage. I can map it to windows etc but again get the error message in Vix.
 
FIXED! Found an old post where this was recommended

Had to reflash to Apollo 123, was having trouble again but I changed my mount options from "rw,iocharset=utf8" to "rw,sec=ntlm" and everything works for me with this option. It changes the security mode back to the old protocol, which my NAS drive uses, and was the default in the older kernels.

I don't know why but a £200 router's usb storage does not work by default and I have to do this tweak to get it to work.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top