Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Mut@nt] HD51 Network shares problem

avalon65

New member
Joined
Dec 4, 2016
Messages
380
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leeds
I have a Mutant HD51 and mounted my network shares from a FreeNAS box. I am using samba for cifs shares and the relevant folders are mounted and activated.

When I use Media Player to play or view the said files on a shared media folder, it says there are no files, but I know there is.
I have also tried Media Scanner , but again it says there are no files in any of my mounted and activated cifs shared folders.

I have also tried uPnP in kodi to view the media files, but it can only see the folders and not the files.

I use linux on all my pc's, and the shared folders and files are browsable on the pc's.

I have considered reflashing the box with the latest ViX image, if that would solve the problem. I did also wonder if it was something to do with the filesystem on the HD51.

Thanks
 
As I have the mount point set to AUTOFS, I looked in the /etc/autofs.conf file and saw that it says: browseable = no. Is that reason as to why no files could be found.

Also I set another mount point to fstab(mount at boot) then rebooted the box, but looking at the said mount it has a red cross against it.

In my linux machines I created the said mount point using a shell and used fstab to mount it. If I didn't have that mount point, then no files would be there.
 
Pressing OK on a mount with a red cross and overwriting the existing mount seems to mount my NAS shares.
I mentioned it in your other thread.
Did you try that?
 
I pressed ok on a mount with a red cross against it to updtae the mount, but even after a reboot, the red cross was still there and there were no viewable files.

I then seletcted on of my linux machines and added the shared media mounts as AUTOFS. Now there are viewable media files and films play etc. Why they aren't viewable on my FreeNAS mount, I'll never know, but the situation is now solved.
 
After selecting a different mount point: windowsmedia, the folders and files are now viewable and will play in Media Player.

It was a case of not selecting the obvious: FREENAS, and picking : windowsmedia. Unfortunately for me there were a few different mountb points to pick from, and I chose the wrong ones!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top