Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ABM-MISC] new autobouqets when all HD channel go??

  • Thread starter Thread starter stevo88
  • Start date Start date
thats great , will there be a feature to combine both sat and cable bouquets together say use freesat from sat ?

I doubt it.
You'll have the option to create both, so free sat & cable, not a mismatch of both combined as that would be a nightmare to code for every possible provider/combination.
 
I doubt it.
You'll have the option to create both, so free sat & cable, not a mismatch of both combined as that would be a nightmare to code for every possible provider/combination.

Hi, yeah thats asking for too much , if have both how would the channel numbering work example if pressed 101 ?

Thanks
 
Don't have cable here to test. If you set your preffered provider as your main bouquet, I'd think that one would follow official providers numbers.
Everything else would be an addon number.
 
I only have a single tuner cable receiver. I suspect the numbering/ordering will be based in the order that you have your providers selected.

The Cable/DTT/Sat bouquets will be in your list of bouquets but not interfere with each other.
 
Hi, yeah thats asking for too much , if have both how would the channel numbering work example if pressed 101 ?

Thanks

if you do not create sections, and only create main bouquets, and then enable the option for each bouquet to start at 1 (irc it is called 'Alternative numbering' in channels selection settings), then both bouquets should have correct numbering. ie both would start at 101
 
Which 'channel swap edits' did you use? Any help would be great as I want to swap my HD channels with the SD ones. I also use ViX ABM.

Thanks
Replace these:

<channel number="141" with="101" />
<channel number="178" with="103" />
<channel number="230" with="104" />
<channel number="171" with="105" />
</swapchannels>

With These:

<channel number="141" with="101"/>
<channel number="178" with="103"/>
<channel number="230" with="104"/>
<channel number="171" with="105"/>
<channel number="216" with="106"/>
<channel number="235" with="107"/>
<channel number="231" with="108"/>
<channel number="222" with="129"/>
<channel number="223" with="130"/>
<channel number="543" with="526"/>
<channel number="544" with="528"/>
<channel number="545" with="529"/>
<channel number="555" with="533"/>
</swapchannels>
when saved and loaded run abm, then either reload e2 or change bouquet and change back again.
 
Replace these:

<channel number="141" with="101" />
<channel number="178" with="103" />
<channel number="230" with="104" />
<channel number="171" with="105" />
</swapchannels>

With These:

<channel number="141" with="101"/>
<channel number="178" with="103"/>
<channel number="230" with="104"/>
<channel number="171" with="105"/>
<channel number="216" with="106"/>
<channel number="235" with="107"/>
<channel number="231" with="108"/>
<channel number="222" with="129"/>
<channel number="223" with="130"/>
<channel number="543" with="526"/>
<channel number="544" with="528"/>
<channel number="545" with="529"/>
<channel number="555" with="533"/>
</swapchannels>
when saved and loaded run abm, then either reload e2 or change bouquet and change back again.

Thanks m8. What do you use to edit xml file?
 
i really do find this all strange, why not just use SD region ????, then numbers will be swapped in sections.
 
Up to last night, I thought that using an SD region will result in no HD channels.

This is not the case.

Use the SD region and also create the HD bouquet.
 
Up to last night, I thought that using an SD region will result in no HD channels.

This is not the case.

Use the SD region and also create the HD bouquet.

Exactly. You still have all the HD channels but the SD ones take up the premium numbers exactly as it would on a sky HD box if you did not have a HD subscription.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
But I want itv HD on channel 103, if I don't have the available HD channels up the epg then the mrs won't use them because she doesn't see the difference, where if I walk in and she is watching 400 lines stretched to 576, then upscaled to 1080 on my £2000 tv it drives me nuts, arggghhh
Unless your cursed with an critical eye like me you won't know what I mean.
P.s. do NOT suggest trying to show her the different bouquets.... :smash:
 
i really do find this all strange, why not just use SD region ????, then numbers will be swapped in sections.

Hi andyblac,

So if I select Sheffield SD as my region, you're saying Sky Premier SD will become 301, Sky Sports News SD will become 405 etc?

Thanks in advance. :D
 
does that mean all HD will drop one day,
and what about SD they will be next?
 
does that mean all HD will drop one day,
and what about SD they will be next?

Yes to both as far as any one knows.

Hi andyblac,

So if I select Sheffield SD as my region, you're saying Sky Premier SD will become 301, Sky Sports News SD will become 405 etc?

Thanks in advance. :D

Yes that's pretty much the gist of it.


Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
Yes to both as far as any one knows.
Exactly, no-one outside of SKY knows, everything is still just speculation at this stage.
My own speculation would be that with SKY UK now switching off a few popular HD channels at a time, they have/are still gauging the market by the amount of customers calling in to say channels no longer work.
The faster the HD channels go blank, suggests they're catching up. First time we've had a black Tuesday today rather than a black Thursday.
So, I'd expect HD to go sooner rather than later.
I can't see SD going anytime soon though. Still way too many old multi-room SD boxes waiting to be swapped out (in Ireland, don't know about UK?) & replaced with a box that can support the new encryption method.
Just speculation on my part though...
 
well I would wager that all HD sports channels will be gone by the time the world cup kicks off.
 
well I would wager that all HD sports channels will be gone by the time the world cup kicks off.

Yes, after kicking off a few premium HD movie channels along with one premium kids HD channel today, I'd guess a few premium sports channels soon. Narrowing down the market one step at a time...
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top