Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

NEW Client mode introduced in OpenViX build 5.0.013

Can someone help. Im struggling to understand this. I have a ZGemma running OpenATV 6 downstairs and I have a Clone VU Solo 2 upstairs. Now the Solo will not allow me to update to the latest images as.. well its a clone. I dont have a problem updating the ZGemma to Vix 5.0.0013. I want to stream from the ZGemma downstairs to the Solo2 upstairs.

Can this be done with the Solo2 on an old image? Thanks

ViX do not support clone receivers. Refresh yourself with the forum rules. FYI, no it will not be possible.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Can someone help. Im struggling to understand this. I have a ZGemma running OpenATV 6 downstairs and I have a Clone VU Solo 2 upstairs. Now the Solo will not allow me to update to the latest images as.. well its a clone. I dont have a problem updating the ZGemma to Vix 5.0.0013. I want to stream from the ZGemma downstairs to the Solo2 upstairs.

Can this be done with the Solo2 on an old image? Thanks
Please read the forum rules!!
Openvix doesn't support clone receiver's or ZGemma,
Please go to openATV forum as you have that image on your ZGemma box.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
 
This works surprisingly very well. I've Mutant2400 with 2x s2 and 2x t/c tuners as server and Vu+solo SE as client. Now I need a newer 2nd telly :D...
 
Is there someway to force the client to pick up changes from the main box. Following the recent audio problems on cable I have fixed the main box but the client stubbornly doesn't update. I tried turning off client mode, restart, turning on client mode but no changes picked up.
 
Sorry for the perhaps crazy idea but did you consider the possibility for the OpenVix to be client for a smart tv in another room? As many smart tv has iptv capability with some applications do you think that it might be possible to integrate it? It would be a nice solution instead of using AV signal repeater between rooms.
 
fairly sure my client receiver has sync up with the host one and the audio problems on the client are no more - will double check tomorrow.
 
my et10000 has been fixed with new image but on older image on my tm it is still there so might have to reflash other box for it to work with client.
 
Hi just set up client mode on edision os mini virmin slight break up on client box hd channels sd working fine, using bt home plugs to access network any advice on how to stabilise hd?
 
How fast are you BT Homeplugs? Could be that they aren't providing enough bandwidth for HD if they are older ones.
 
Hi thanks for the replies replaced home plus with 600mb home plugs problem solved.
 
This really is an excellent system and so useful, especially when you have a long term house renovation project under way. Nevertheless, I have have a couple of problems to iron out.

Host is Vu+ Solo 4K fed from 24 channel unicable LNB and client is Vu+ Zero both running 5.1.008

1. When sat channel first selected on client nothing until change channel then normal. This does not happen with terrestrial. (Host has always shown momentary "Tune failed" on first sat selection, then all ok).

2. Sound level low on client on terrestrial (normal on host). Have tried all auto volume settings on client but no change.

Any ideas?
 
I tried it for the first time this morning.

Works brilliantly.

Outstanding Job!!!
 
Is it possible to stream from the transcoded port? I can stream OK from the standard 8001 port over the Internet (as opposed to home network) but don't get the stream when using the transcoded port
 
Just for info had an issue with client box losing service, checked all connections and all ok however nothing coming thro? then remembered had to re boot router a day or 2 earlier and it changed the ip address of main box, once new address entered all back to normal. However this morning following a power cut the address changed again but once again after correcting it back to normal. Just for info if anyone has this happen.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top