Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

NEW Client mode introduced in OpenViX build 5.0.013

Thank you for confirming that a 4k host does not need a 4k client. Any ideas what I can try now ? Source and proposed clients all running OpenViX 5.1.027. Any ideas on how I can try to get this working, perhaps remove the iptv bouquets on the host and try without them ? any other ideas - reflash the host ?
 
I made a little progress. I tried using channel importer plugin which I assume is a forerunner to client mode. This also failed but gave some errors indicating it was a problem with the xtreamtv iptv bouquets. It complains about no such file for /tmp/userbouquet.xtream_ftaentertainment.tv
I tried without the iptv bouquets and it worked fine but will still fail again if scheduled and of course will not give iptv on client box. I have a sort of work around just by downloading the full bouquets from source via openwebif and importing to the client. This seems to give everything I need although not very tidy.
 
I am guessing that you are using xstreamtv to generate IPTV streams from a provider?
If not then just ignore this post!
If you are then there is another plugin (google suls) that will generate IPTV bouquets and epg (using add ons for epgimporter) for most IPTV providers ... these bouquets will be copied and operate normally using client server mode.... no need for anything else.
 
I am guessing that you are using xstreamtv to generate IPTV streams from a provider?
If not then just ignore this post!
If you are then there is another plugin (google suls) that will generate IPTV bouquets and epg (using add ons for epgimporter) for most IPTV providers ... these bouquets will be copied and operate normally using client server mode.... no need for anything else.
Thanks for that, yes its xtremetv I did look at suls but my provider was not listed there (not 100% sure on that though).
 
Thanks for that, yes its xtremetv I did look at suls but my provider was not listed there (not 100% sure on that though).

... but with the new config files, its very easy to setup suls for any provider - unless they are an agent for a provider and do not want you to know that (depends on whether you have an identifiable m3u stream - never used xtremetv, maybe its only userid & password??)
 
... but with the new config files, its very easy to setup suls for any provider - unless they are an agent for a provider and do not want you to know that (depends on whether you have an identifiable m3u stream - never used xtremetv, maybe its only userid & password??)
I will look again then as I have the line in multiple formats, certainly m3u stream. I also use it with xcplugin on the same STB box and various other apps on ios and android/firestick. I just remember last time I looked it didnt seem that straight forward to get it going. They could also be resellers but their comms is good so I might ask them first.
 
My provider said Suls plugin doesn't work with their service.
 
Um!! not convinced..... but as long as you are happy then fine ...... Its just so easy to set up the bouquets with suls and then use "Client Streaming".
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My provider said Suls plugin doesn't work with their service.
I suspect that's more they don't like (support) suls and probably lock down their service. Suls is open to anyone to use so long as provider likes/accepts it. As I said, some don't support Suls and like to control their service more.

Um!! not convinced..... but as long as you are happy then fine ...... Its just so easy to set up the bouquets with suls and then use C/S.
This is what I do.
 
I suspect that's more they don't like (support) suls and probably lock down their service. Suls is open to anyone to use so long as provider likes/accepts it. As I said, some don't support Suls and like to control their service more.

This is what I do.
You’ve convinced me to give it a go, thanks.
 
You’ve convinced me to give it a go, thanks.

As expected your assumption was correct - I can use Suls with my current iptv provider. I am just playing with the overrides now to see what can be done. I am actually getting a mass more channels this way than before but now I need to override them. One choice I can't see round is VOD - either the whole lot in one bouquet or separate bouquets per country/genre. I can't see a way to filter them out as they do not appear as channels in the sort-current file. I think perhaps this is another topic now, but thanks for spurring me to check it further.
 
As expected your assumption was correct - I can use Suls with my current iptv provider. I am just playing with the overrides now to see what can be done. I am actually getting a mass more channels this way than before but now I need to override them. One choice I can't see round is VOD - either the whole lot in one bouquet or separate bouquets per country/genre. I can't see a way to filter them out as they do not appear as channels in the sort-current file. I think perhaps this is another topic now, but thanks for spurring me to check it further.
The overrides are a very necessary part of the plugin and allows you to tailor your needs - you may need to go to suls web site on VOD (VOD is very variable depending on the provider)
Cannot remember which box you have but if HD51 look at Stalker plugin.
 
The overrides are a very necessary part of the plugin and allows you to tailor your needs - you may need to go to suls web site on VOD (VOD is very variable depending on the provider)
Cannot remember which box you have but if HD51 look at Stalker plugin.

Thanks. I will have a look - I have Vu ulitmo4k, duo2 and an Edision OS mini. I'm also playing with Echannelizer iptv bouquet maker and epgimporter trying to get my head round it all and trying not to panic when all my bouquets disappear!
 
By disabling entries and changing the order sequence in the overrides.xml and then sending back to the receiver, you can do without Echannelizer for the IPTV bouquet, as e2m2u3bouquet will always load the iptv bouquets back as setup in overrides.
In epgimporter don‘t forget to setup (add) the e2m3u2bouqet iptv entry to get the epg entries.
 
Just to finish my tale, it was the iptv xteme editor stopping the client mode load. On advice here (thanks) I used suls iptv importer and reordered/removed entries as I wanted. Once done I turned off the xtreme iptv load and turned back on client mode and it loaded in just a few moments and seems to be working really well, replicating all bouquets and epg.
Thanks chaps.
 
Question re Client Mode
If I use a client box with a single physical tuner and if i enable Client Mode and point it to a server box with 4 tuners (2 x dvb-s, usb dvb-t dual), will all 4 tuners be available for use in the client box? ie: physically client has just dvb-s, but server has both dvb-s and dvb-t

WW
 
Good question as you might be able to access your other tuners with green button or have control over your other box via menu.
 
Basically looking at option for a bedroom tv replacement - free analogue channels ..... to end next month.
Have 2 xtrends running openvix in house, both with dvb-s tuners (dual) and dvb-t (dual and hybrid) with wired connections to lan.
Looking at buying something like a VU Zero and running it in Client Mode. Note - this is a single tuner box.
If I configure it in Client Mode, will I be able to use both the dvb-s and dvb-t tuners on the xtrend boxes?

Going with type of config I believe will give the same UI, channel lists,EPg etc as I currently use on the 2 xtrends.

Does that make any sense?

Any recommendations for a small openvix supported box to run in this configuration?
 
I have a tm nano single tuner box with client running from my solo2 with motorised and 28.2 and can view either tuner.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top