Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue QUAD] New Gigablue Quad ViX OE3.0 Release

I installed image and I try to setup positioners. I have to set up DVB-T first because if I set motor first and then DVB-T I loose the motor settings. I think this has to do with drivers happened on other images also.

THis was the first thing I did, the ABCD system I have I accidentaly pressed the "automatic scan" and then cancel it and got the crash immediately.

I'll try to turn off the overscan on the TV first, I haven't even realised I have overscan on this TV, other images seem to compensate somehow (as you said reducing quality).

I understand about the cam. I got frustrated I couldn't install TSPanel (I understand it is 3rd party plugin and you have no responsibility about it).

The skin you have is VERY NICE! The inclusion of the Rytec plugin was a great surprise ;-) I see a lot of time and efford was put to the image and the support you have here is great, thank you.

no you still dont seem to understand.

Overscan affects ALL IMAGES and all TV / DVD modes, if you dont or cant turn overscan off you will still loose a portion of the visible picture no matter what your viewing be it on the receiver or via a DVD player, even terrestrial. The picture is still distorted but you just dont see as the skin is covering it up, our skin is displayed in FULL HD so it does not cover the overlap.

The only reason you see the difference is because we map our skins properly so they show in FULL HD as intended. There are a few pictures you can load and view on the TV that will show you exactly how much of the visible picture you are loosing in all modes, if i can find them i will upload them here for you to see.

as for TS-panel it's in our image feeds.

Menu> plugins> green button> settings ( i think ) you should see version 6.6 in the feeds.
 
on a Samsung built in the last 3 years or so you turn off overscan by Menu>Picture>Screen Adjustment and set it to Screen Fit
 
Try This.

load any of the enclosed pictures onto your tv and view it, either via the receivers inbuilt media player or on the TV's media player if it has one.

This will show you exactly how much of the visible picture you are loosing due to overscan.
 
on a Samsung built in the last 3 years or so you turn off overscan by Menu>Picture>Screen Adjustment and set it to Screen Fit

I have screen menu ghosted on a TV and I do not know why :-(
 
Try This.

load any of the enclosed pictures onto your tv and view it, either via the receivers inbuilt media player or on the TV's media player if it has one.

This will show you exactly how much of the visible picture you are loosing due to overscan.


Thank you, I'll try. I think I understand now. I loose some picture it is not distorted but lost (seem to loose 13-14px in any direction).
 
All of the above are known bugs... and the Gigablue drivers team are working hard to fix the issues..
 
Last edited:
can you get a pic of what you mean


THe option on my TV has the picture / screen settings ghosted so I can not enter it and turn off overcan (if there is this option inside). I am not sure why it is ghosted though.

The option in VIX to backup whole image is fantastic. How many times can I flash the image in quad flash? Or is it better to buy USB key and put image over there? I am always a little scared on flashing internal flash.
 
you cant restore a full image backup from flash memory it must be loaded as a standard image is from a USB stick. I keep a USB stick permanently in the rear of my receivers to save such things as full image and settings backups to amongst other things. Generally a 4GB stick should be more than sufficient although i also use several 16 GB sticks for this purpose too.
 
Hi Pheonix,
Did Vix team solve the recording problems soon, i am using this function to record every day :(
and to all guys include jerry2, vix is the best image :)
 
its not up to vix to fix the recording problems.
those problems are for gigablue to address..
 
I had 48 updates today on VIX 3.0. After the update I tried again and there were 18 updates. Then I said I want to update again and after second reboot I still have 18 updates. How do I get rid of them if they are allready updated (at least the box said it was updating).
 
Menu > Information > About..

This will give you the build number..

At the moment.. We are on Build 403..
 
It says build 394 :-( And I have 30 updates and when I update it says updating and resets the receiver and then I still have so many updates and I am still on 394 :-(
 

Is this a stable update, because my image info is showing 2012-10-27 Version 3.0 and it finds no updates, also is there a bug on Samba setup?
My box crashes on trying to set this up with a software report fail report on the screen
 
To be honest i really would not place too much stock on unstable Vs stable. just because a image is labeled as unstable does not necessarily mean that there is something wrong with it, infact we set ALL images as unstable by default, until we are happy otherwise.

The current online version is set as unstable as it was primarily a bugfix release and we did not have much time to test it's functions. Just be sure to make regular backups so if things do go wrong you can flash back to a earlier working image in under 5 minutes.

p.s the current build online is 430.
 
Hello guys,

Would it be possible to add the right xml file within the OpenVix image so we can have the picons also displayed within the GB QUAD LCD screen as per this post?

I think we will all be happy to "use" the LCD color screen with picons as letters are too small so picons could be easier to see which channel is on

thanks
XabiX

I did open a post for this http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23410-Quad-screen-not-working-properly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello guys,

Would it be possible to add the right xml file within the OpenVix image so we can have the picons also displayed within the GB QUAD LCD screen as per this post?

I think we will all be happy to "use" the LCD color screen with picons as letters are too small so picons could be easier to see which channel is on

thanks
XabiX

I did open a post for this http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23410-Quad-screen-not-working-properly


trouble is mate what info to drop, as the screen is small. the space that we have is tight.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top