Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8500] New Image 5.3 does not support plug-ins or system restore?

tanis

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2012
Messages
20
Reaction score
1
Points
1
Location
Denmark
Hi, I'm not sure whether this is a bug, but here is my problem: I performed a backup before upgrading from 5.2 to 5.3 my Extrend 8500, then i followed the wizard and when I got to the point where i've to choose system restore everything stops, even the rolling vix logo on the upper left screen. After half an hour I gave up and flashed the upgrading again with the flash-drive. When I got to the restore point i choose no, but i went went on to restore plugins, I chose yes and froze again. I flashed once more, this time taking care not to restore anything and had to perform a complete new installation, wich for my setup means a couple of days work.. At the end i chose to change the skin, going fron Night to Army blue mod, my preferred skin. And everything froze again! At this point I just can'nt bear to reperform a brand new installation again, as it will take me at least 2 days, as I have a Thoroidal dish with 16 lnb's. My question is: how come 5.3 cannot restore my settings backup and cannot change skin? I've no idea how to access the box now without reflashing again.. If you have a solution to avoid me reperform a new installation and keep my preferred skin it would be much appreciated, thanks.
 
Thanks Sicilian, unfortunateley I'm not sure how that should help.. I downloaded the Army blue skin from the feeds, it's when i tried to change it that everything freezes.. it's like it cannot work with the new image, neither does my backup.. As it is, everything is frozen now, any ideas? thanks
 
So I assume you are using Danish as your language?

In 5.3 there was a change in the OE-A where some receivers (e.g. ET8500) due to flash (memory) limitations had only a few languages installed.
This has caused an issue in the OpenViX FIW and also availability of languages.
A fix has been written to overcome the 1st issue and a second change is under test to enable missing languages such as Danish to be installed.
Hopefully this will be then released shortly.

In the meantime, I would suggest you download the 5.2.045 release from the archives http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/xtrend-images/xtrend-et-8500-images/et-8500-openvix-archives/ and restore your backup settings.

Once the change has been added to OpenViX in the next 5.3 release you should be able to update normally, but if you then have further issues with 5.3.002 then post here .
 
Last edited:
So I assume you are using Danish as your language?

In 5.3 there was a change in the OE-A where some receivers (e.g. ET8500) due to flash (memory) limitations had only a few languages installed.
This has caused an issue in the OpenViX FIW and also availability of languages.
A fix has been written to overcome the 1st issue and a second change is under test to enable missing languages such as Danish to be installed.
Hopefully this will be then released shortly.

In the meantime, I would suggest you download the 5.2.045 release from the archives http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/xtrend-images/xtrend-et-8500-images/et-8500-openvix-archives/ and restore your backup settings.

Once the change has been added to OpenViX in the next 5.3 release you should be able to update normally, but if you then have further issues with 5.3.002 then post here .

Correct, it is in danish language.. I never thought that could be an issue.. Thanks, much appreciate, I'll do as you suggest and wayt for the next release, thanks
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top