Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

New Image and Bootloader

keith0509

New member
Joined
Sep 17, 2010
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

I have always used the VIX image but if I flash to the new boot loader it will be limiting me to which images I can use.
If the new Vix 2.3 image needs the new boot loader is there a way to go back to the old boot loader once flashed with the new one?
 
The new bootloader for the Duo adds only the ability to use images larger than 64 MB. give it a try
 
The new bootloader for the Duo adds only the ability to use images larger than 64 MB. give it a try

But in the notes for the new image it says "it is recommended to NOT use older images with this new boot loader, as this may result in a bricked box."
 
if you are happy to stay with older images then by all means do, but you are handicapping your receiver by doing so. personally i say update the bootloader and load the new vix image onto it, but its your receiver and your choice in the end.
 
if you are happy to stay with older images then by all means do, but you are handicapping your receiver by doing so. personally i say update the bootloader and load the new vix image onto it, but its your receiver and your choice in the end.
I understand that m8 which is why I was asking if there was a way to go back to the old boot loader if I needed to.
I'm sure that once updated I probably wont want to go back but it would be nice to have the option.
 
I understand that m8 which is why I was asking if there was a way to go back to the old boot loader if I needed to.
I'm sure that once updated I probably wont want to go back but it would be nice to have the option.

You wont need to, older images are compatible with the bootloader. To be honest I think the note should have only been for when we release the new Xtrend images.
 
I understand that m8 which is why I was asking if there was a way to go back to the old boot loader if I needed to.
I'm sure that once updated I probably wont want to go back but it would be nice to have the option.

i dont have a Duo so it's not something i have spent a great deal of time looking it to, to be fair.
 
You wont need to, older images are compatible with the bootloader. To be honest I think the note should have only been for when we release the new Xtrend images.

yeah thats what i was thinking too.
 
But in the notes for the new image it says "it is recommended to NOT use older images with this new boot loader, as this may result in a bricked box."

hmm, i will remove that it is not the case. with Vu boxes.
 
Yes I can confirm that the new boot loader works fine with older VIX images.
 
Yes it seems that disclaimer was placed there in error.

The new bootloader by Vu only adds the ability to use images larger than 64MB in size, this bootloader while recomended is totally safe and will work with all images old and new.
 
Lads, I hope this is a nice easy question for ye - how do I update the bootloader? I have it downloaded, but do I just pop it on a stick and flash my vu+ duo with it, like as if I was updating the image? [and just have the bootloader on the stick and not the image?]

I've read part of the 'new image' thread and then did a search for 'update bootloader' which brought me here. Sometimes I find it hard to find really basic instructions around here with all the experts!! Is there a 'stupid peeeples' sub-forum anywhere?! It must be damn hard for people that aren't that techical to get to grips with VIX. Anyone know of a website where they go through things step by step?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
just add it to usb and flash just the same way as flashing an image
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top